Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1)…

Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) (edition 2012)

by Tara Sivec

Series: Chocolate Lovers (1)

Fiction. Romance. Suspense. HTML:

Warning #1: This book is not to be taken seriously. Do not read this if you don't have the sense of humor of a 15 year old boy. Do not read this if you ARE a fifteen year old boy. This book is totally crude and inappropriate and uses the word "vagina" a lot. No, I mean A LOT. If you don't think people who are drunk are hilarious, you shouldn't read this book. You probably shouldn't read this book if you aren't drunk yourself. You should probably just put this book down and get drunk. You may think that no one in the world talks like the people in this book, but they do. They are called "people who are funny and inappropriate". This book is completely unrealistic; the author is aware of that fact and did it on purpose.

2012 Goodreads Choice Award Nominee - Best Romance

Claire is a twenty-something, single mom that grudgingly helps her best friend sell sex toys while she attempts to make enough money to start her own business to give her foul-mouthed, but extremely loveable (when he's asleep) toddler a better life.

When Carter, the one-night-stand from her past that changed her life forever, shows up in her hometown bar without any recollection of her besides her unique chocolate scent, Claire will make it a point that he remembers her this time.

With Carter's undisguised shock at suddenly finding out he has a four-year-old son and Claire's panic that her stretch marks and slim to none bedroom experience will send the man of her dreams heading for the hills, the pair will do whatever they can to get their happily ever after.

Warning #2: contains explicit sex, profanity and enough sarcasm to choke a horse.

… (more)
Member:CatherineStewart
Title:Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1)
Authors:Tara Sivec
Info:Publisher Unknown, Kindle Edition, 286 pages
Rating:*****

Work Information

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec

Seduction and Snacks
3 Stars

After a one-night stand changes her life forever, Claire Morgan is determined to make the best of her little surprise. Skip ahead five years, and the man from Claire's past returns with no recollection of the woman he slept with aside from her unique chocolate scent. This time Claire will ensure he never forgets her again.

The first half of the book focusing on Claire and Carter's past and the consequences of their one night is hysterically funny, with several laugh-out-loud moments. Unfortunately, the over-the-top humor begins to overshadow the story in the second half, and the crude language soon becomes annoying rather than entertaining.

Claire and Carter's romance is engaging, and their friends are appealing. That said, the characters' constant swearing and use of vulgarity are excessive and unnecessary. I'm the last to criticize an author for their use of profanity when it is warranted; however, here it is gratuitous and serves no function or purpose.

Overall, it is fun at first to follow along with Claire's dilemma and Carter's confusion. It is disappointing that there is no follow-through with the story. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 5, 2023 |
I def laughed out loud while reading this book - several times! Reminded me of watching dirty Pysch episodes (if they existed). Lots of crass, over the top language but a sweet (pun intended I guess) love story. One minor issue I had with the story was the historical movie, song, etc references were more fitting for my generation and not the 24 (should be 25) year old in the story or if this was set when I was 24 years old then the cell phone / text message, etc was out of place.... Also another minor issue, if you have a kid on your 21st birthday and said kid is now 4.5 years old then you are not 24 years old.....this should have been picked up in editing. ( )
  LAJG13 | Jan 2, 2023 |
You will read this book and immediately want to grab the next. Would never see this happening in real life but what a story to enjoy! The only reason I couldn't give this five stars was that the story lacked any type of conflict. It worked out too perfectly! So much so that when it was adapted to the big screen, they had to write the conflict in. ( )
  romcombc | Oct 13, 2022 |
I don’t know why I didn’t read this book sooner. It was one of the funniest books I have ever read. I read the next book as soon as I finished this one which for me is unheard of because I normally wait a while until I read the next few books in a series. ( )
  ChicagoCubs2000 | May 28, 2021 |
DNF.
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

Fiction. Romance. Suspense. HTML:

2012 Goodreads Choice Award Nominee - Best Romance

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,905,104 books! | Top bar: Always visible