Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Swords of the Horseclans by Robert Adams

Swords of the Horseclans (original 1976; edition 2012)

by Robert Adams (Author)

Member:sbisson
Title:Swords of the Horseclans
Authors:Robert Adams (Author)
Info:Mundania Press LLC (2012), 204 pages
Collections:Our Books

Swords of the Horseclans by Robert Adams (1976)

Zastros, King of the Southern Ehleenoee, attempts to conquer the virtuous and cat-loving Horseclans and their allies the kingdom of Karaleenos. Milo intervenes. ( )
  DinadansFriend | Feb 8, 2014 |
Epic in scope. A little less gritty than the the first in the series (Coming of the Horseclans), which featured gore, rape, and torture. Instead, the comical plight of Demetrios offers some levity. The logistics of battle are articulated nicely. The dialogue style is unnatural, however; essentially the dialogue is just more narrative from the author rather than genuine conversation. The primary battle is largely anticlimactic since we are constantly made aware that the antagonist army is uninspired and ill-prepared.

I admit to being enthralled by Ken Kelly's cover art. Compared to the text, the cover art disproportionally brings to life the post-apocalyptic North America "Horseclan" world. I am compelled to read the next in the series, though I am expecting less than after reading the first book. ( )
  SELindberg | Jan 27, 2013 |
I've reread this a couple of times over the years. The first few books are pretty good. Nothing superb, but a fun, fast read if you like this kind of thing. It's more of a fantasy, but there is a Science Fiction basis - it's a post apocalyptic (nuclear war) world where a nomadic people are the good guys. Some super msart animals, a few immortals & such dropped in.I think this is book 2. After about book 6 or 7, I got a little worn out with the series. I've been meaning to go back & read it again, since I didn't have the entire series all at once, but read it out of order, in scattered pieces across the years. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Sep 25, 2009 |

Robert Adamsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Royo, LuisCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451099885, Mass Market Paperback)

For 700 years, the Undying High Lord Milo has been building his confederation, leading the Horseclans slowly across the lands once known as the United States, absorbing city-states and nomadic tribes alike, some by peaceful . A savage, earthy tale of the wars to consolidate a federation of nomads in 27th century, post-holocaust America!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:16 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,515,253 books! | Top bar: Always visible