Kindergarten, Here I Come! (2012)

by D. J. Steinberg

Other authors: Mark Chambers (Illustrator)

Follows a child through kindergarten, from checking off a list of supplies for the first day through saying goodbye to the teacher on the last one.

This book is adorable! I have never heard of it before but I wish I had known about it sooner! I love how the set-up of this story is different from most other books for this age group. Some parts rhyme together but it is set up as poems. The plot of this book is all about what is happening in Kindergarten and how things have changed. The llustrations are exactly true as to what messes and happenings occur in the classroom. The big message of this story is growing up can be fun. ( )
  Kpelli2 | Nov 5, 2018 |
Child describes fear of going to school. and the experience of the first day
Ages 3-5
Source google
  BrittanyMcNees | Mar 5, 2018 |
Keywords- Kindergarten, unknown

Skills/Strategies- Compare, Prediction

This book is about showing children what its like to start kindergarten and what to expect in kindergarten. This would be a great book to read students the first day of school. ( )
  kschindler | Jul 21, 2016 |
Kindergarten here I come is about a little boy named Presto who is off to kindergarten. He had all of his school supplies ready to go, but then realized that he needed his bear, magic wand, superhero cape, flashlights, and a tool set! This story describes what a day at kindergarten is like, my teacher, crisscross applesauce, story time, lunch, missing a tooth, recess, counting, nap time, field trips, friends, show and tell, line leaders, and the last day. The illustrations are very cute and definitely meant for children. The characters are small, cute, children with a blonde teacher. This book would be a good read for preschool children who are getting ready for kindergarten. This book would help them prepare for kindergarten and know what to expect. ( )
  klytle | Oct 12, 2015 |
Great collection of poetry for throughout the year in kindergarten.
  amkestek | Aug 13, 2015 |

D. J. Steinbergprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chambers, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Daphne, who brings magic to her classroom, and special thanks to the incomparable Jane O'Connor for her support and inspiration --- DJS
For Kirsten, many thanks for your continued work across the pond --- MC
Kindergarten, here I come... I'm checking off the list of everything I need for school.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,312,076 books! | Top bar: Always visible