The Death Sculptor by Chris Carter

The Death Sculptor

by Chris Carter

Chris Carter really knows his serial killers. In this fourth Robert Hunter installment, the killer is not only extremely violent, but creative as well. The killer not only tortures the victims, but then cuts apart the bodies and shapes those parts into a work of art that tells a story. Hunter must solve the clues left by the killer in time to save the last victim. It is a twisted tale that really makes the reader wonder what will happen next. On to my next Carter book! ( )
  Susan.Macura | May 15, 2018 |
Book Description:
A student nurse has the shock of her life when she discovers her patient, prosecutor Derek Nicholson, brutally murdered in his bed. The act seems senseless - Nicholson was terminally ill with only weeks to live. But what most shocks Detective Robert Hunter is the calling card the killer left behind.

My Review:
This is another "scare you out of your wits" read and not for the faint of heart. It grabs you and doesn't let go until the very surprise ending. I liked the short chapters that makes for a fast read with lots of twists and turns. I also liked the clever storyline and the puzzle that needed solving. The character of Alice as a love interest for Robert was a pleasant addition. I look forward to the next installment and many more to come. I would highly recommend this series to those who like gritty trillers. ( )
  EadieB | Nov 24, 2017 |
This is the 4th book in the Robert Hunter series which follows the investigations of a unique squad of the Los Angeles Police Dept. Just as I thought Chris Carter couldn’t get any more twisted and gruesome along comes this addition to the series...The Death Sculptor. The serial killer is the stuff of nightmares which challenges all of Robert Hunter and Carlos Garcia's skills. An added plus for the book is that the reader uncovers a little bit more about Robert’s past...and we are introduced to Alice who is brought in to assist the team in tracking down this killer. The plot line was a little unbelievable, although I'm sure there is some evil piece of humanity out there that probably could accomplish this. At any rate it makes for a disturbing but entertaining police procedural. I look forward to reading the next book in the series. ( )
  Carol420 | Nov 24, 2017 |
No Sex, No romance, but also not too much suspense. Something was missing, a certain "je ne sais quoi".
Maybe it tried too hard. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |

A student nurse has the shock of her life when she discovers her patient, prosecutor Derek Nicholson, brutally murdered in his bed. The act seems senseless - Nicholson was terminally ill with only weeks to live. But what most shocks Detective Robert Hunter of the Los Angeles Robbery Homicide Division is the calling card the killer left behind. For Hunter, there is no doubt that the killer is trying to communicate with the police, but the method is unlike anything he's ever seen before. And what could the hidden message be? Just as Hunter and his partner Garcia reckon they've found a lead, a new body is found - and a new calling card. But with no apparent link between the first and second victims, all the progress they've made so far goes out the window. Pushed into an uncomfortable alliance with the confident investigator Alice Beaumont, Hunter must race to put together the pieces of the puzzle, before the Death Sculptor puts the final touches on his masterpiece.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,442,699 books! | Top bar: Always visible