Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

I Own the Dawn by M. L. Buchman

Loved how the little one factored into all of this!!! ( )
  phtochic | Aug 15, 2016 |
It has been so long since I read romance with a bit of suspense in it, I do not know why really since I enjoy the subgenre. Even if this was more military romance.

The book is not so action packed that you might think at first glance, there is of course action. But it's also of course about the tension between Kee and Archie, the budding romance and, well I can't tell you that. Another part of the book is "a project", so not to spoil it all. It shows Kee's soft side and we get under her skin. I got to appreciate here and the whole "project" is more drama, so no suspense there. I know, I am being very vague.

Then there is the action part, and that part actually had me a bit sad too. I understood the bad guys and their mission so I was on the fence. It was a sad affair.

The characters then, Archie was sweet, Kee was tough, but they worked together, they just worked and I liked them both. This is actually book 2 in a series but that does not matter as Kee is the new girl and this is her book. But the pilot of the chopper she is on had her own book (book 1). Which does sound like an interesting story to read too.

There was a nice mix of action and romance, quiet life, and how fast you have to move when you are in in the danger zone.

Conclusion:
It did make me want to read book 1 too. This was a romance set in the Afghan desert, 2 soldiers falling in love in the midst of gunfire and smoke. Romance with an action packed side to it, smokin' hot.
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
I'm not a military romance reader. I am purely curious to read romance from the male perspective. Buchman loves aggressive struggling females. His men are all sexy steel-built teddy bears. When they get together it's always hot. Most definitely worth the skim to the steamiest bits. ( )
  TheLustyLiterate | Nov 1, 2013 |
ABOUT THE BOOK: "The first novel in Buchman's new military suspense series is an action-packed adventure. With a super-stud hero, and strong heroine, and a backdrop of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and the world of the Washington elite, it will grab readers from the first page."--RT Book Reviews, 4 Stars

Name: Archibald Jeffrey Stevenson III
Rank: First Lieutenant, Dap Hawk Copilot
Mission: Strategy and execution of special ops maneuvers

Name: Kee Smith
Rank: Sergeant, Night Stalker Gunner and Sharpshooter
Mission: Whatever it takes to get the job done

You Wouldn't Think It Could Get Worse, Until It Does...

When a special mission slowly unravels, it is up to Kee and Archie to get their team out of an impossible situation with international implications. With her weaponry knowledge and his strategic thinking, plus the explosive attraction that puts them into exact synchrony, together they might just have a fighting chance.

REVIEW: Mr. Buchman has a way to take a war environment and turn it into a hot romance. He hit all the right buttons for this military piece and I was amazed at how well – read: I suspect he either knows of someone or was in the service himself – he knew the way to go through the scenes. As a prior military member, I was pleasantly surprised at how very real the statements and information was.

The characters in this piece were very good and their development very nice.

If you’re looking for a piece that will keep you on the edge of your seat, look no further. This is it!

Four out of five stars for a great job! ( )
  Deserie.Comfort | Oct 25, 2012 |
Another well-written story from M.L. Buchman! Picks up shortly after The Night is Mine, but it would read well as a stand alone (out-of-order). If you like Suzanne Brockman's Troubleshooter series, especially those with overseas storylines, you're bound to love this book (and its predecessor). NOTE: The soldiers' jargon can be a bit tough to follow at times; hang in there as it does become easier!

Soooo looking forward to the next story in this series! ( )
  Conkie | Sep 12, 2012 |
Thrust n.
The aerodynamic force produced by tilting a helicopter's rotor that provides a directional force to fly forward, sideways, or backward
Thrust v.
To drive toward a goal
To my stepdaughter, for showing me more of my own heart than I ever knew I had.
"There's no way you're assigning me to some girlie-chopper."

Name: Archibald Jeffrey Stevenson IIIRank: First Lieutenant, Dap Hawk Copilot Mission: Strategy and execution of special ops maneuvers
Name: Kee SmithRank: Sergeant, Night Stalker Gunner and SharpshooterMission: Whatever it takes to get the job done
You Wouldn't Think It Could Get Worse, Until It Does...

"When a special mission slowly unravels, it is up to Kee and Archie to get their team out of an impossible situation with international implications. With her weaponry knowledge and his strategic thinking, plus the explosive attraction that puts them into exact synchrony, together they might just have a fighting chance"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,509,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible