Waking the Dead: The Glory of a Heart Fully…

Waking the Dead: The Glory of a Heart Fully Alive (original 2003; edition 2006)

by John Eldredge

Wild at Heart helped men get their hearts back.  Waking the Dead will help us all find the life Christ promised.  Jesus said, “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” That’s the offer of Christianity, from God himself. Just look at what happens when people are touched by Jesus—the blind see, the lame walk, the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life. In other words, to be touched by God is to be restored. To become all God meant you to be. That is what Christianity is supposed to do for you—make you whole, set you free, bring you fully alive. But Jesus also warned that the path to that life is narrow, and few people would find it. You’ll notice few have. Waking the Dead will help you find that life, see the fierce battle over your heart, and embrace all that God has for you. There is so much more. Do you want it?… (more)
Member:ConnecticutMom
Title:Waking the Dead: The Glory of a Heart Fully Alive
Authors:John Eldredge
Info:Thomas Nelson (2006), Paperback, 256 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Waking the Dead: The Glory of a Heart Fully Alive by John Eldredge (2003)

This book is part of my collection that really focuses in on Biblical Commentary more than anything else (including some well known authors in the theological world). All of these books haven't been read cover to cover, but I've spent a lot of time with them and they've been helpful in guiding me through difficult passages (or if I desire to dig deeper). ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Jul 31, 2018 |
Waking the Dead will change your perception of yourself, how God sees you and give you a clearer view of how God sees other people. John Eldredge is a gifted man who only wants to see people free from religious views of God and come to a heart relationship with HIm. When we are touched by the "Presence of God", we are truly changed and understand we have purpose, more than we imagine.

Try this book if you are sick of religion. You can also get the video form where John reads his own book. He is so expressive (acting background) that every word comes alive as he reads. ( )
  gaillamontagne | Mar 30, 2013 |
The author has written several popular books on Christianity; he is also a counsellor, teacher, speaker and founder of Ransomed Heart Ministries. In this book his goal is to help people find the “narrow gate that leads to life that only few find. “
  DLUC | Nov 30, 2010 |
A most inspirational book that gives the reader step-by-step directions on how to live a life, fully alive. Logical and reasonable explanations with hundreds of scriptures from the Bible to explain how easy it is to believe the lie and never think twice about what is reality and what is not. Supported with great analogies that cause the spirit within you to rise up and begin to fight back for what is rightfully mine as a child of the King.
Only the second book that I've thirsted after and gotten the audio version!!!! ( )
  musicworks | Jun 2, 2008 |
This is a good book if you can get past the first four chapters. It took me a really really long time to read past the first four chapters but once I did it really picked up and I thought was an enjoyable book. It is a book that shows you that we are meant for adventure and a fulfilled life. ( )
  krayoncolorz | Apr 23, 2008 |
The glory of God is man fully alive. - Saint Irenaeus
Seeing our way clearly.
"The way through the world
Is mroe difficult to find than the way beyond it."
-Wallace Stevens

"Narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
-Jesus of Nazareth (Matt. 7:14)

There are few things more crucial to us than our own lives.
And there are few things we are less clear about.
This journey we are taking is hardly down the yellow brick road. Then again, that's not a bad analogy at all...

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,515,450 books! | Top bar: Always visible