Wild Invitation (2013)

by Nalini Singh

Series: Psy-Changeling (Anthology 1, containing 0.1, 3.5, 9.5, 10.5)

2951874,788 (4)5
Four novellas based in the Psy-changeling universe include "Stroke of Enticement," in which a young teacher arouses the animal from a leopard changeling; and "Declaration of Courtship," in which a shy wolf finds herself pursued by a SnowDancer.

Read 3 out of the four stories in this book. The first two were all right, the third one drove me up the wall and I did not finish it, and I'd already read the fourth one earlier this year. I think I'll stick to the longer books from now on. The short stories just don't have any real room for the larger plot development I like in the those books. ( )
  fuzzipueo | Apr 24, 2022 |
Beat of Temptation - 3.5 stars
Stroke of Enticement - 4 stars
Declaration of Courtship - 4 stars
Texture of Intimacy - 4 stars ( )
  ChelseaVK | Dec 10, 2021 |
My twin sister has been telling me to read this series for years and despite liking the other Nalini Singh's I had read I never got around to reading it. After reading these books I can't imagine why I hesitated to read them ; they are really good. The story is fresh and original, the writing style is engaging and the characters are so well written that you truly get invested in their lives. I have enjoyed all the books in this series psy, changeling and human as they are all fascinating in their own way. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
Audio April 2018: I have no complaints. I very much enjoyed the audio of all these novellas. It was a lot of fun revisiting the Psy-Changeling world and listening to the stories come to life. Highly recommend reading or listening to this series.

If you are a fan of the Psy-Changeling series then you don’t want to miss out on these four great novellas.

Beat of Temptation #0.5 - 5 Stars

This one takes place several years before Slave to Sensation. Here we see a very young 19-year-old Tamsyn, who became the healer to the cats at a very young age. We see her relationship or lack of one with Nate who’s 29. These two have known since Tam turned 15 that they where mates, but the age difference plays a part in their relationship, because Nate wants Tam to have the freedom she deserves first.

This story was emotional, sad, and full of lots and lots of sexual frustration and tension.

Stroke of Enticement #3.5 - 5 Stars

Here we meet Annie, a shy human school teacher and Zach a sexy cat changeling. Annie’s a loner. Her parents had love, but then it died, and she doesn't want that, so she doesn’t think Zach will stay around. Zach is caring and does a fabulous job wooing his mate, but doesn’t understand why the bond hasn’t clicked yet.

Trust and commitment are the main focus for these two. The romance happens within the first 48hrs, but Singh does a fast track a month after to see the dynamics of there relationship. It was a sweet loving story to read. Giving us a different kind of relationship and challenges to work through.

Declaration of Courtship #9.5 - 4 Stars

Here we meet Grace, a submissive wolf and Cooper a high ranking SnowDancer lieutenant who is going to court Grace. Cooper’s a dominant wolf and must learn how to handle Grace and Grace must learn to come to grips with the sub/dom wolf tendencies and not let her submissive nature rule her.

This paring is hard sometimes for the changelings and doesn’t always work out. It presents several challenges. Singh was able to bring two opposites together without having them compromise something in order to be a unit, a mated pair. It’s full of sexual tension, sizzling encounters, and also very tender and sweet moments.

Texture of Intimacy #10.5 - 5 Stars

This one contains Lara and Walker’s story from Kiss of Snow. They don’t get their own novel, but they do come together in Kiss of Snow. I loved that we get to further explore their relationship. We get to see inside Walker’s mind, his past, his feelings, and his growing family. We also get a little focus on Alice and insight into possible future pairings, such as Tai and Evie.

This paring is also of a different kind with Walker being a Psy and Lara a Changeling. It was sweet to read about them after their mating and see where their relationship is at. It’s sizzling and tender.

Singh never fails to impress. The sexual tension is thick and the characters are lovable and memorable. I very much loved these novellas.

angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
I've had Nalini in my TBR pile for a long time, but still haven't managed to read more than a few pages until now. (That's not a reflection on her writing. It's a reflection on my flitty reading habits.) I decided to pick up Wild Invitation because it was a book of novellas and I'm glad that I did. I thoroughly enjoyed these stories and would highly recommend this book to anyone thinking about checking her writing out. ( )
  JordanSummers | Mar 31, 2020 |

Nalini Singhprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,420,800 books! | Top bar: Always visible