Pariah by Dan Abnett

Pariah (original 2012; edition 2013)

by Dan Abnett (Author)

Series: Bequin Trilogy (1), Warhammer 40,000 (book 1 on the Bequin Trilogy, 2013)

Inquisitor Gideon Ravenor returns to action to hunt the most dangerous enemy he has ever encountered, a disgraced inquisitor, driven by obsession to bind daemons to his will and consort with heretics. For Ravenor, this is more than just a manhunt, it is personal.
Member:NickBlasta
Title:Pariah
Authors:Dan Abnett (Author)
Info:Games Workshop (2013), Edition: Original, 416 pages

Pariah by Dan Abnett (2012)

Because I read all of the Eisenhorn trilogy in one collected volume and did the same for the Ravenor trilogy, it's hard to compare just the first entry in the Bequin trilogy to what came before. Especially because it seems the next book in the series will pick up exactly where this one left off. Here's hoping that Abnett will eventually return to finish this series. ( )
  LordPetros | Mar 19, 2020 |
Pariah! For those who waited years for the final 'trilogy of trilogies,' closure is upon us!

Pariah had me hooked from the very beginning, as Bequin is back from her coma (Or is she?) and is embroiled in a complex plot with many a twist and turn. I constantly asked myeslef "The hell is going on here?" and powered through the novel in two days. Of course, I had even more unanswered questions by the end and will have to wait god knows how long for the next book and hope for "Penitent."

I'll call out one part of the book that was written exceptionally well and was downright terrifying, the dolls! I won't say any more, but the good Mr. Abnett should consider branching into the horror genre with that quality of work.

My only criticism is that Bequin isn't much of a character in this book. She's the MacGuffin that's shoved from plot point to plot point and never takes hold of her own destiny or controls the story. She's constantly put in peril, then rescued by yet another faction, then lost to another faction, then imperiled, repeat, etc.

Still, this book is a must read for all fans of Inquisitors Eisenhorn (he's back!) and Ravenor (also back!). A fine opener to the final trilogy.

Oh...I am Alpharius. I should add. ( )
  Richard.Fox | Dec 14, 2014 |

Oh...I am Alpharius. I should add. ( )
  Richard.Fox | Dec 14, 2014 |

Dan Abnettprimary authorall editionscalculated
England, WayneCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Warhammer 40,000 (book 1 on the Bequin Trilogy, 2013)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 156,991,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible