Reflected in You (Crossfire, Book 2) by…

Reflected in You (Crossfire, Book 2) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sylvia Day (Author)

Series: Crossfire (2)

A sequel to Bared to You continues the story of Eva and Gideon, whose violent backgrounds compel them to avoid each other in spite of a passionate, obsessive attraction that threatens to destroy them both.
Member:KristenY
Title:Reflected in You (Crossfire, Book 2)
Authors:Sylvia Day (Author)
Info:Berkley (2012), Edition: 1st, 352 pages

Work Information

Reflected in You by Sylvia Day (2012)

English (79)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  All languages (82)
I don't know how to write book reviews, but I had a lot of thoughts after finishing this junk. I had to put them somewhere.
I read the Fifty Shades trilogy, first to see what all the fuss was about and then because I was wondering how the EL James was going to extract the characters from all the twists and turns she was putting them through and come out with a neat ending. When I heard this series being lauded as the "next Fifty Shades" and saw the derivative book covers, I decided to give them a try to see if they were truly direct descendants of Fifty Shades not just in terms of awkward sex scenes and inexplicably rich and perfect male leads, but in the overall awfulness of the writing.
Sylvia Day trumps EL James in all three of these categories, and probably more that I can't think of.
In Bared To You, Eva Tramell started out as a much stronger character than Ana Steele had in Fifty Shades. She seems almost like a legitimate person with interests and thoughts than an opportunity for the reader to self-insert. In Reflected In You, though, she gets so lost in Gideon Cross and his increasing dominance that she almost seems like a different character. Instead of standing up to Cross when he's at his most stalkery and demanding, she almost always cooperates.
I can't even form my other issues with this/these books into coherent complaints. The sex scenes are VERY explicit. I started reading these knowing that was a major factor, so I can't really complain, but it is a bit more than I was expecting. Also, the events that keep happening to move the plot along are getting more and more far-fetched, I'm not sure how the story will be wrapped up in the third book. Unfortunately, I'll probably stick around and read it anyway. ( )
  torygy | Mar 31, 2022 |
Seems to me like I a reading the same story found in Shades of Gray. Don't know who was first, but it's the same damn thing ( )
  Poohbar | Feb 11, 2022 |
This story just keeps getting better and better, every time I read it. Even though, this book is probably the darkest one in the series, it's still good and the plot is amazing. Also, as a psychology student, this story and all the problems Gideon and Eva has as a couple and also as individuals are very interesting to me. Totally in love with this series and all Sylvia Day's work. ( )
  AllAndAnyBooks | Sep 17, 2020 |
The push and pull between Gideon and Eva and the way they use sex to solve everything drove me BESERK for most of this book. I honestly should've seen the twist at the end coming a mile away (along with who jumped Cary), but didn't and feel dumb for it. Again, super quick read. ( )
  amandanan | Jun 6, 2020 |
This book actually gave me a headache. The characters have only been dating a month, and they are so on-again off-again I have whiplash. I find Eva so stupid it was actually making me angry. This book may have a little more plot outside of the bedroom than the last, but they're both being ridiculous. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |

Day, Sylviaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Redfield, JillNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one is for Nora Roberts,
an inspiration and a true class act.
I loved New York with the kind of mad passion I reserve for only one other thing in my life.
(page 155-156)

Golden girl, there you are.
I'm singing for the crowd, the music's loud.
I'm living my dream, riding high,
But i see you there, sunlight in your hair,
And I'm ready to go, desperate to fly.

Golden girl, there you are.
Dancing for the crowd, the music's loud.
I want you so bad. I can't look away.
Later, You'll drop to your knees. You'll be me please.
And then you'll go, it's only your body I know.

Golden girl, where'd you go?
You're not there, which sunlight in you hair.
I could have you in the bar or the back of my car,
But never your heart. I'm falling apart.
I'll drop to my knees, I'll beg you. Please.

Please don't go. There's so much more I want to know.
Eva, please I'm on my knees.

Golden girl, where'd you go?
I'm singing for the crowd, the music's loud.
And you're not there, with sunlight in your hair.
Eva, please. I'm on my knees.

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,192,232 books! | Top bar: Always visible