A Wrinkle in Time: The Graphic Novel

by Hope Larson

Other authors: Madeleine L'Engle (Original novel)

Series: The Time Quintet (graphic novel), Kairos

A graphic novel adaptation of the classic tale in which Meg Murry and her friends become involved with unearthly strangers and a search for Meg's father, who has disappeared while engaged in secret work for the government.

A Wrinkle in TIme is appropriate for intermediate readers
This book is about a group of kids who go on a journey through time and space to rescue one of their fathers.
This book would be useful when teaching about graphica/graphic novels.
  Kpasley | Apr 8, 2024 |
Middle level
Discusses biblical aspects along with science fiction ideas.
The book talks about friendship, family and how love overcomes evil which is considered to be the dark thing in this story. ( )
  elliemarte | Mar 19, 2024 |
I loved this graphic novel of a book I loved as a child. The illustrations were striking and imparted a lot of emotional information. The story was powerful and mysterious. ( )
  mslibrarynerd | Jan 13, 2024 |
Every time I read A Wrinkle in Time, I am reminded just why I love Madeleine L'Engle: her novels are so complex and rich, without ever being too "heady". It is because her stories are anchored in love, which is the theme of this wonderful story after-all. And, I have to say that Hope Larson, the cartoonist behind Chiggers, Grey Horses, and Mercury, does a wonderful job adapting Madeleine L'Engle's classic novel into the graphic novel format. This was my second reading of Larson's adaptation and It is obvious that Larson has great affection for the tale of time and space travel, outsiders, and fascism, and she has created a touching graphic novel from it. Larson's vividly imagined interpretations of tessering (which I loved) and favorite characters, like the Happy Medium and Aunt Beast are quite wonderful. Perfect for delighting old fans and winning over new ones, this graphic novel adaptation is an absolute must-read about the triumph of love over evil on a cosmic scale.
L'Engle said in her Newberry Medal Acceptance Speech that "a book can be a star, explosive material, capable of staring up fresh life endlessly, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." How true this is of A Wrinkle in Time. ( )
  ryantlaferney87 | Dec 8, 2023 |
I think Hope Larson did a great job of translating Madeleine L'Engle's book to graphic novel format. The art style is beautiful and so many characters turned out pretty close to how I pictured them in my head when I was reading the novel.

The only problem I saw is that people who have not read the novel might be a bit confused a couple times because there is no real narration - it's almost entirely dialogue. Some of the concepts and feelings are kind of out there, and a lot of Meg's narration and insight into certain situations is missing as a result, so the reasons given for certain things seem kind of random.

Other than that, this was great and enjoyable! ( )
  AnonR | Aug 5, 2023 |

Larson, Hopeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
L'Engle, MadeleineOriginal novelsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

The Time Quintet (graphic novel)

Is an adaptation of

It was a dark and stormy night.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,396,988 books! | Top bar: Always visible