The Word Spy by Ursula Dubosarsky

The Word Spy

by Ursula Dubosarsky

10None1,578,311NoneNone
Winner - NSW Premier's Literary Award CBCA honour Book and Junior Judges' Project Winner Dear Readers, You may not know me, but I know you. I am - the WORD SPY. Ever since I can remember, I've been listening to, speaking, reading and writing and, yes, spying on words. The time has come for me to share with you some of the many things I have discovered. All you have to do is open this book . . . the wonderful world of words awaits! Join the WORD SPY on an entertaining journey through the English language. Learn more about the alphabet came from, find out what ATM stands for, make up your own palindromes (it's easy!) and impress your friends by speakling Pig Latin. There are cartoons, riddles and a special code to solve along the way. 'Giddy . . . exuberant . . . playful . . . thoroughly engaging.' KIRKUS REVIEWS, USA? 'A magic carpet ride through 4000 years of language.' SYDNEY MORNING HERALD 'A marvellous exploration of the nuances and richness of English . . . a valuable addition to any child's library.' THE AGE 'I-ay oved-lay e-thay ord-way py-say. That's Pig Latin for I loved The Word Spy! It was the best book I have ever read . . . I rate this book 10 out of 10.' ROWINA NATHAN, AGE 10… (more)
Member:KylieDuncan
Title:The Word Spy
Authors:Ursula Dubosarsky
Info:Penguin Books Australia

Work Information

The word spy : activity book by Ursula Dubosarsky

No reviews

Genres

Melvil Decimal System (DDC)

410 — Language Linguistics Linguistics

Average: No ratings.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,060,913 books! | Top bar: Always visible