The High King's Golden Tongue (Love is…

The High King's Golden Tongue (Love is Always Write)

by Megan Derr

NannyOgg13 | May 26, 2018 |
A gripping read with sexy characters, a well-defined and believable fantasy realm, and a sweet and stormy romance. I really enjoyed it!

This book has little romance, a little fantasy, and a little mystery, which added up to a great story. The only issue I had was with a mystery that I felt was not completely solved or explained - I do not want to spoil the story for anyone so I will not go into detail here.

However, at the end of this book, there was a teaser about another book featuring some of the main characters. Maybe that might be dealt with in the next book; I am looking forward to reading it.

**eARC netgalley** ( )
  Critterbee | Apr 16, 2018 |
The characters here are absolutely fantastic - I love the way Derr builds their personalities establishes their roles. As for those roles, I love the way she plays with our gender expectations even more, both with the relationship reveals and the intriguing hints and clues along the way regarding sexuality. ( )
  bibrarybookslut | Jul 5, 2017 |
I didn't know what to expect when I bought this, but I'm so glad I did. The characters are likable and the world-building is interesting. The romance is slow to develop and believable, and I loved the gender and sexual equality (all through the spectrum) prevalent throughout. ( )
  semjaza | Jan 26, 2016 |
3.25 stars ( )
  mearias | Sep 23, 2013 |

Prince Allen has trained his entire life to follow in the footsteps of his illustrious mother, who has made their kingdom one of the wealthiest and most influential in the empire. For the past few years he has trained to become the new consort of the High King. The only thing no one prepared him for was the stubborn, arrogant High King himself, who declares Allen useless and throws him out of court. High King Sarrica is ruling an empire at war, and that war will grow exponentially worse if his carefully laid plans do not come to fruition. He's overwhelmed and needs help, as much as he hates to admit it, but it must be someone like his late consort: a soldier, someone who understands war, who is not unfamiliar with or afraid of the harsher elements of rule. What he doesn't need is the delicate, pretty little politician foisted on him right as everything goes wrong.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,964,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible