Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Message of Hosea: Love to the Loveless (The Bible Speaks Today)

by Derek Kidner

Series: Bible Speaks Today (28)

"Go and marry a prostitute." These are the first words God spoke to his prophet Hosea. Why would he ask this of one of his special spokesman? Because he wanted to teach Hosea, the nation of Israel and all of us today a lesson we will not forget, a lesson that is painful yet joyous.Hosea's somber portrait of the human condition is our lesson in pain. All of us have played the harlot by forsaking God and his ways. The picture is not pretty but it's true. Yet Hosea clear illustration of God's love for us brings joy. While we are yet sinners, God comes to us and loves us. Derek Kidner imaginatively takes us through the unfolding story of Hosea and his wife, Gomer explaining the basic message, pointing out the subtleties and encouraging readers to live lives worthy of the God who loves the loveless.… (more)

Belongs to Series

[General Preface] The Bible Speaks Today escribes a series of both Old Testament and New Testament expositions, which are characterized by a three fold ideal: to expound the biblical text with accuracy, to relate it to contemporary life, and to be readable.
[To The Reader] It i rather easy to grow up with a naive idea of God -- something like a child's impression of the adult world-- and with a worrying conundrum about His way of doing things.
It is the people you love who can hurt you most.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,338,555 books! | Top bar: Always visible