Lost tribe of the Sith : the collected…

Lost tribe of the Sith : the collected stories (edition 2012)

by John Jackson Miller

Fiction. Science Fiction. Thriller. HTML:At last in one volume the eight original installments of the epic Lost Tribe of the Sith eBook series . . . along with the explosive, never-before-published finale, Pandemoniumâ??more than one hundred pages of new material!

Five thousand years ago. After a Jedi ambush, the Sith mining ship Omen lies wrecked on a remote, unknown planet. Its commander, Yaru Korsin, battles the bloodshed of a mutinous faction led by his own brother. Marooned and facing death, the Sith crew have no choice but to venture into their desolate surroundings. They face any number of brutal challengesâ??vicious predators, lethal plagues, tribal people who worship vengeful godsâ??and like true Sith warriors, counter them with the dark side of the Force.

The struggles are just beginning for the proud, uncompromising Sith, driven as they are to rule at all costs. They will vanquish the primitive natives, and they will find
… (more)
Member:kenspa20
Title:Lost tribe of the Sith : the collected stories
Authors:John Jackson Miller
Info:2012

Work Information

Lost Tribe of the Sith: The Collected Stories by John Jackson Miller

The first few books are a bit long and drawn out with not much happening and the planet they are on is just a bit boring to be honest.

The books after Korsin start to pick up the pace a bit, but I am really struggling to finish this book and not shelve it! ( )
  roylmac1 | Jun 19, 2023 |
It is the story of a Sith transport ship that crashes on a unknown planet thousands of years ago. Unable to communicate with what they consider civilisation or repair their destroyed ship; the group of Sith encounters the planet's natives called Keshiri – a civilisation ruled by the religion based on the legend of two divine groups; the good-hearted Skyborn and the evil Otherside. The sith soon take advantage of this legend; declaring themselves as part of the Skyborns.

Over more than a thousand years, we follow the Sith tribe as they struggle to make Kesh their planet – fighting with the Keshiri to make sure they settle as third class citizens but also struggling with the desire to once again be rejoined with their true homeworlds.

It is an interesting concept to read nine short stories rather than nine ”actual” books. It leaves a lot of to the reader's imagination as we are only given glimpses of the centuries the tribe spend on Kesh – but it's refreshing and keeps things exciting. Since each book is so short – the longest being about 100 pages and the shortest being less than 30 – the author has to focus on the vital parts of the tribe's history; which means we jump in time a lot, and are introduced to lots of new characters. I am quite used to Star Wars novels being so detailed and honestly, sometimes filled with dialogue, descriptions or subplots that feel more like page-fillers than essential to the main story. Whilst we got our usual babbling descriptions, each short story had to be more or less action-packed and with plots that weren't too complicated. But then again, it is written by John Jackson Miller, so I'm not sure what else I was expecting. ( )
  autisticluke | Nov 14, 2019 |
I enjoyed the stories in the collection and I liked the characters but it makes for a very strange read when you sit down and read all of it, I think I would have preferred splitting it back up. I kept getting into what was going on and then I'd turned the page and go oh right these are all short stories... ( )
  SamCanesi | Feb 6, 2016 |
I enjoyed this "series" much more than the Fate of the Jedi series it leads up to. John Jackson Miller manages to create a compelling history for the planet Kesh. While it does not achieve the complexity, subtlety, and scale of Tolkien's Middle Earth, it is still impressive considering the majority of the story is told through a single volume of short stories (if you don't include the five issue comic series, which I haven't read).

It was interesting to see how a colony of Sith cope with crash landing on a planet with no hope of escape. In this scenario my gut reaction would be that things are not going to end well, with various factions forming to destroy each other, infighting, and power grabs. While this does happen frequently throughout the history Miller has created, there are occasionally leaders that exhibit one of the Sith's most under underrated attributes, the ability to plan for the long game. ( )
  Porfinicle | May 13, 2015 |
Psst! Don’t tell Palpatine, but he’s not that special. There are LOTS of Sith out there, and are they ever a nasty bunch. Imagine a whole planet of them, stranded and isolated for 5000 years, with little to conquer but each other.

In the Star Wars novels, Luke et al run into these Sith about 40 years after Palpatine’s fall. This collection of stories provides a background of the Tribe, and anyone reading the “Fate of the Jedi” series will find them essential. Quite enjoyable for this Star Wars fan. ( )
  auntmarge64 | Oct 16, 2012 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,385,494 books! | Top bar: Always visible