Freedom's Dawn by Ryk Brown

Freedom's Dawn

by Ryk Brown

I can’t say that I really disliked it but this book in the Frontiers Saga was not really my cup of tea. That’s primarily because, in this installment, the ship doesn’t really move an inch. It sits in orbit around Corinair throughout the entire book and most of the story revolves around guerrilla warfare down on the planet. What I liked about this book series and the previous three books in it was that it was indeed taking place on a space ship and there was some actual spaceship action. Thus having the Aurora immobilized the entire book wasn’t really what I had hoped for.

I really hope they get moving on refitting the ship with some nice new tech and gets back into the action in the next book. However, the ending in this book scares me a bit since it seems to leave the door wide open for further ventures into the realm of saboteurs, treachery and treason which I so despise. ( )
  perjonsson | Oct 28, 2017 |
I quite enjoyed the fourth installment of the Frontiers Saga. The story becomes much more complicated, delving into the local politics of the Corinair planet. Brown takes his time with characters, events, and situations and lets us journey through the experiences with his lead characters.

I enjoy the coming of age story, I enjoy the space battles and tactics, and am quite enjoying the suspenseful drama. ( )
  matt.kurjanowicz | Jan 2, 2014 |
Commander Dumar looked out through the blast-proof windows of the third-floor operations center.

A ship under siege. A world on the brink of civil war. A distraught people seeking a new beginning. A battle-weary crew that can barely hold it together. Even a legend can use a little help from time to time. The crew of the Aurora, the Karuzari, and the Corinairans must find a way to work together, or else they may all perish.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,805,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible