Who Moved My Cheese?: An A-Mazing Way to…

Who Moved My Cheese?: An A-Mazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and… (original 1998; edition 1999)

by Spencer Johnson (Author)

Relates a highly meaningful parable intended to help one deal with change quickly and prevail, offering readers a simple way to progress in their work and lives.
Member:Zetech
Title:Who Moved My Cheese?: An A-Mazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life
Authors:Spencer Johnson (Author)
Info:Vermilion; Reprinted Ed edition (4 Mar. 1999) (1999), Edition: 32192nd, 95 pages

Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson (1998)

amazing ways to deal with change in your work and in your life
  bubbly.lis | Oct 20, 2021 |
I really liked this simple story because it is so true about all of us. I am going to try to learn and apply this to my life. We all have to deal with changes and some deal with it better than others. This simple story helps explain how we should think about change. I strongly recommend this book. ( )
  GlennBell | Jul 14, 2021 |
Changes are inevitable in the blazingly fast-paced uncertain world. It is how we deal with those changes that speak volumes about our weaknesses and strengths.

I loved the takeaway of this book. "We should learn to anticipate and adapt to changes that transpire in our lives every day, or else we will go extinct by sticking to our old beliefs and resisting those changes". We should always be on our toes, start sniffing the changes around us, and be prepared to scurry past them. Otherwise, we will keep on hemming and hawing until we figure out that our "New Cheese" lies on the other side of our irrational fears.

I send my best wishes to everyone who is on the lookout for their "New Cheese". ( )
  pabitralenka | May 19, 2021 |
This was a staff read for my department so I got paid to read it, which is nice. I read it before when I was in high school because my dad, who loves moving like it's a hobby, enjoyed it and thought that his family could benefit from it along with his workers. I'm as torn with it now as I was then because I do believe strongly in the transformative power of meaningful change, and I do believe that people very often conflate comfort and familiarity for contentment and resist change solely because they're afraid of it, not because they're happy with where they are in their lives. So the underlying message in this book is one that I largely believe in and is something I think is important to consider. But fuck do I hate cutesy self-help parables. God, I hate them so much. I hate how condescending they are, how they always have a little part where they say that if you don't like the story then you just don't get it, and how badly written they always seem to be, right down to dialogue that feels like it was written by a robot pretending to be a human being. They always feel like slide-show presentations and I hate that they rarely have much practical advice because they mistake platitudes for guidance. I much prefer books that combine a message with actual steps, whether I agree with the steps or not. To that end I would recommend that instead of reading this book, someone read a book like Brian Tracy's Eat That Frog! or even Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People, both of which I also had some problems with but which dispensed actual actionable advice to their readers instead of making me read Business Baby's first fairy tale. ( )
  jobinsonlis | May 11, 2021 |
Cómo adaptarnos a un mundo en constante cambio
  Segudet | Jan 10, 2021 |
There are many popular books that talk about change – how it is inevitable and how to accept it. Perhaps none explain it in a format you will always remember.

Spencer Johnsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Blanchard, KennethForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tol, Pim vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Torné, MontserratTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Once, long ago in a land far away, there lived four little creatures who ran through a maze looking for cheese to nourish them and make them happy.
'Cheese' is metaphor for what you want to have in life—whether it is a good job, a loving relationship, money, a possession, health, or spiritual peace of mind.
ISBN 1101496991 is for Prime Crime Holiday Bundle by Emily Brightwell

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,230,846 books! | Top bar: Always visible