Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson

Who Moved My Cheese? (original 1998; edition 1999)

by Spencer Johnson

Relates a highly meaningful parable intended to help one deal with change quickly and prevail, offering readers a simple way to progress in their work and lives.
Member:LCislamabad
Title:Who Moved My Cheese?
Authors:Spencer Johnson
Info:Vermilion (1999), Paperback, 94 pages

Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson (1998)

English (129)  Spanish (7)  Dutch (1)  Hebrew (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  All languages (139)
Cómo adaptarnos a un mundo en constante cambio
  Segudet | Jan 10, 2021 |
Loved this book! It was recommended to me by Koski (thanks, Koski!) at a time when I needed to make a life decision and it was extremely insightful and empowering! I highly recommend this book.
  pmichaud | Dec 21, 2020 |
It's really difficult to evaluate this book ... on one hand, it belittles the audience, is mostly pages of empty fluff and makes a simplistic argument.

That being said, the core page of truisms is one that would be really handy to keep with me whenever I'm getting upset about change. It's nothing I couldn't logically conclude by myself, but when emotionally reacting to negative change I'm likely to lose sight of them and would do to be reminded.

On one hand, I'm more likely to read a tiny book and absorbe the clearly distinguished page of worth (one in which the author acknowledges the fluffiness as a method that works better for some than others) than just finding these truisms on an internet PDF somewhere.
On the other hand, I feel like this page basically tells employees to suck it and adapt whatever change comes their way. While this is true in many cases, there are often times where change is worth resisting, and this book does no job of telling you that resistance is a worthwhile response to change in certain circumstances. I feel this book really benefits employers in that they can expect their employees to blindly adjust to anything.

In conclusion, this book does remind you that there is a way to reorient yourself. On the other hand, it's mostly common sense and makes a very simplistic case. If the book wasn't so short I'd feel it was a waste. Given how easy it was to read (about a half hour) I figure it's a sorta-healthy snack of empty calories, like Smart Food popcorn. ( )
  NaleagDeco | Dec 13, 2020 |
I read this book ages ago when it had been recommended to my boyfriend at the time... he hated the book and I read it so I could see what he was talking about, lol. Of course, now I can't remember anything it said but was it a little bit cheesy? No pun intended! :D
  coffeefairy | Nov 21, 2020 |
It’s short but it feels like an eternity.
The antithesis of “show don’t tell”. I really don’t get the success of that book. ( )
  jbrieu | Nov 6, 2020 |
There are many popular books that talk about change – how it is inevitable and how to accept it. Perhaps none explain it in a format you will always remember.

Spencer Johnsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Blanchard, KennethForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tol, Pim vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Torné, MontserratTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Once, long ago in a land far away, there lived four little creatures who ran through a maze looking for cheese to nourish them and make them happy.
'Cheese' is metaphor for what you want to have in life—whether it is a good job, a loving relationship, money, a possession, health, or spiritual peace of mind.
ISBN 1101496991 is for Prime Crime Holiday Bundle by Emily Brightwell

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,649,382 books! | Top bar: Always visible