John Green Box Set [4-in-1] by John Green

John Green Box Set [4-in-1]

by John Green

If you have a chance to get this box set, it's quite worth it. Shop around a little, read all the seller's descriptions VERY carefully, and write down how they advertised it (so if you don't get what they SAID they'd sell you you can reference their words back to them when you write back and ask why they didn't honor their ad.) Amazon has very good support so, quite worth the effort to find a good offer. :) And these are REALLY well written books.

Parents, if you have children that you want to read books that will inspire them to look beyond the surface-- learn to feel empathy for other people-- think about higher issues, like life after death, what is it like when a teenager gets cancer?

Can a teen who has cancer who falls in love with their true love experience a piece of their 'infinity'--Now-- as a young person? Can they seek fulfillment, and purpose in the short time they have?

Do we always know why we love someone? Is our idea of why we love them always right?

If you think these are GOOD QUESTIONS for your kids to be asking themselves (I sure as heck do)-- buy this set, or get these books from the library.

John Green writes about who Teenagers are. He also has a Vlog series on the web with his brother where they talk to each other, and answer fan questions: www.youtube.com/user/vlogbrothers
, an educational series, www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse‎
he often hosts Mental Floss, a Youtube show that gives odd, but useful information: www.youtube.com/user/MentalFlossVideo‎

Last I looked, Mr. Green had 5 out of the New York Times, Best Sellers List, Young Adult Hard Cover Books.

Would I want my child exposed to John Green? Well, only if I want them to model themselves after someone who is funny, open minded, extremely intelligent, honestly likes young people and respects them and WANTS them to learn and respect themselves.

So, oh.. yes please! My girls can watch both the Green brother's videos and read John Green's books all they want. ( )
  Clare_M | May 25, 2014 |
Looking For Alaska : Enjoyed this booked tremendously! Laughed out loud at many parts, loved the dialogue, loved all the characters. Central topic on life & death & suffering is pretty deep but the author let me enjoy the book without feeling like my mind is gonna blow up with heaviness. I am fascinated with the mind of Miles, his abstract thinking and quick wit is awesome. The Colonel and Miles really make a great pair right from the start, they have the best exchange of dialogue. Finished reading this 12th May 2013.

Paper Towns : This is way too similar to Looking For Alaska, so of course my mind wasn't blown as much. It's still a good read, cleverly written, funny in a few places, and makes you want to quote many sentences from the book. The mystery in the first two parts kept me going, but I found the ending kind of over-philosophical and unrealistic. Still, I can't say I didn't enjoy reading this. Finished reading this 20th July 2014.
  deadgirl | May 12, 2013 |
Great set of books that provide an insight into the adolescent psyche. A bit too much to read them all at once, as a middle aged woman I am now over the genre for a while. ( )
  lynleygrace | May 5, 2013 |
My thoughts on each book is pretty much the same as it was when I first read them except that I like An Abundance of Katherines more than I did the first time I read it. I just feel so honored to be able to own this box set and read all of the books one after the other. ( )
  bananasoup | Dec 3, 2012 |

Four critically acclaimed, award-winning modern classics from #1 New York Times-bestselling author John Green

This John Green deluxe box set includes Printz Award–winning Looking for Alaska, Printz Honor book An Abundance of Katherines, Edgar Award–winning Paper Towns, and #1 New York Times–bestselling The Fault in Our Stars. Exclusive edition contains signed copies of Looking for Alaska and the Fault in Our Stars.

The exquisite library case designed by Karen Kavett features popular quotes and icons from all four titles and the award-winning backlist has been luxuriously upgraded; both An Abundance of Katherines and Paper Towns have jacket designs never before available as hardcover editions.

In addition to his many literary accolades, John Green is one half of the Vlogbrothers (youtube.com/vlogbrothers), one of the most popular online video, social media projects in the world. You can join John’s 1.2 million followers on Twitter (@realjohngreen), or visit him online at johngreenbooks.com.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:23 -0400)

Discover #1 New York Times bestselling author John Green from the beginning with four critically acclaimed, award-winning modern classics, including Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, Paper Towns, and The Fault in Our Stars, now a major motion picture. This complete collection includes paperback editions of John Green's award-winning books in a stunning case. The perfect introduction to John Green or addition to any fan's collection.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,465,670 books! | Top bar: Always visible