Thread on Arrival

by Amanda Lee

"Embroidery shop owner Marcy Singer gets hung up on a tapestry that may lead to sunken treasure and be the motive for murder. When Marcy's friend Reggie, Tallulah Falls' local librarian, asks her to teach an embroidery class as therapy for domestic abuse victims, she gladly agrees. One of the women wants to flee from her abusive husband but is afraid to leave her elderly father-in-law behind. And she thinks Marcy can help. The elderly gentleman shows Marcy a tapestry his grandmother made, which he believes reveals the location of pirate treasure off the Oregon coast. He'll move to a shelter--provided Marcy takes the tapestry to keep it safe. But when the police arrive the next day to escort him out, they find the old man murdered and the house ransacked. Does someone want that treasured tapestry desperately enough to kill for it?"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Overall I enjoyed this book, it's a solid addition to the series, and I am beyond grateful the romance issue has finally been settled.

I enjoyed the part about the tapestry and appreciated the look at the issue of domestic abuse, though the ending seemed a bit tidy. Though I suspect a cozy mystery isn't the place for a in depth look at the issue, I did like how it was handled respectfully.

At this point of a series is starts to get hard to find new things to say but if you are a fan of the series, you will like this one as well. ( )
  Kellswitch | Dec 28, 2017 |
This is my first cozy mystery. Was under some stress and needed something light. Felt like this book was set in the late 50's, maybe early 60's, though it was written in 2012. Ending too predictable, characters too flat and boring. However, compelling enough to want to finish (after all it is a mystery) but unless someone recommends a more intelligent cozy mystery this is my last. Fortunately my stress resolved. Perhaps cozy mysteries are just not for me. ( )
  debann6354 | Jul 29, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,096,619 books! | Top bar: Always visible