Relish: My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy…

Relish: My Life in the Kitchen (edition 2013)

by Lucy Knisley

Member:annie-b
Title:Relish: My Life in the Kitchen
Authors:Lucy Knisley
Info:First Second (2013), Paperback, 176 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:young adult, graphic, memoir, culinary, foodie, New York, Chicago

Relish: My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy Knisley

This was...pardon the pun...a wonderful palate-cleanse after the last book I read. Funny, heartwarming, and charming, plus the recipes look extremely good. :) ( )
  jeninmotion | Sep 24, 2018 |
This is a nice light memoir. I discover some nice dishes and see the importance of food in the life of [a:Lucy Knisley|731384|Lucy Knisley|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1361051635p2/731384.jpg]. This book also reminds me my own life, the importance that my friends and I give to the food and our dinners, it became a bit personal since she explores the relation of the food in her life and how this relation it impacts her life. Is a very nice story and the drawings are delicious.. ( )
  CaroPi | Aug 9, 2018 |
this book is delightful. 's styles of illustration and storytelling mesh so nicely together and made for a very enjoyable and entertaining read. although i am by no stretch any sort of foodie -- i do love cooking and baking, but i am not at all adventurous with my eating. i am a supertaster, so flavours have a way of being weirdly and badly received by my brain and palate. i love reading about food, though, and about people who love food and work with food for their living. i find it all fascinating because consistently there is such deeply held passion on the subject. there is one memory in knisley's book that amused me so, so much: her interaction with geese (here's a bit of it)! this moment reminded me a lot of [author:Allie Brosh|6984726], who's graphic memoir [book:Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened|17571564] is fantastic.

at a time when so much going on in the world is anxiety-inducing, horrible, and difficult, reading this was a a much needed and highly pleasurable pause. ( )
  Booktrovert | Jul 12, 2018 |
Lucy Knisley is a cartoonist and a foodie which makes for an excellent combination when you are writing a book. Relish is filled with recipes, anecdotes, and life lessons as she tells her life story through memories of what she was making, watching being made, or eating when she learned lessons about life and food.
  BeckyShipe | Jul 6, 2018 |
A creative tribute to food & family. Recipes were included. I couldn't help myself. I had to bookmark them. The wimsy & love is evident through Ms. Knisley's art. If you eat, have family or breathe air you should read this book. ( )
  godmotherx5 | Apr 5, 2018 |
How do you remember things?

"Lucy Knisley loves food. The daughter of a chef and a gourmet, this talented young cartoonist comes by her obsession honestly. In her forthright, thoughtful, and funny memoir, Lucy traces key episodes in her life thus far, framed by what she was eating at the time and lessons learned about food, cooking, and life. Each chapter is bookended with an illustrated recipe-- many of them treasured family dishes, and a few of them Lucy's original inventions" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,807,803 books! | Top bar: Always visible