The Elite by Kiera Cass

The Elite (edition 2014)

by Kiera Cass (Author)

Series: Selection (2)

3,1941933,070 (3.71)45
"Sixteen-year-old America Singer is one of only six girls still competing in the Selection--but before she can fight to win Prince Maxon and the Illean crown, she must decide where her own heart truly lies"--
Member:ManDUH_13
Title:The Elite
Authors:Kiera Cass (Author)
Info:HarperTeen (2014), Edition: Reprint, 352 pages
Tags:Dystopian, Competition, Marriage, Love, King, Queen, Prince, YA, Fiction

The Elite by Kiera Cass

English (189)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (193)
GAH! These two are driving me insane. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it if America doesn't win. ( )
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
Holy...I'm just drained!! This book was a rollercoaster from beginning to end! I was not ready at all for all of the plot twists, and there are a lot of them! ( )
  iamcmims | Apr 4, 2021 |
Yes I´m sorry everyone who loved the second book, but it didnt get into me. And I really was considering my decision about two-three stars for several minutes but I couldnt fool myself.
*This is just my opinion, it doesnt have to change yours and I´m not saying that it really has to.

-I really think that this book was into the same plot over and over and over again in the love triangle.
Couldnt America be more undecisive in who she loved? NOO she couldnt. Just going back and forth,back and forth 90% of the story.
First Maxon
then Aspen
then Maxon
America: oh but i changed my mind let´s go back to Aspen.
America: What was I thinking? I love Maxon
Just couldnt be more overwhelming and unrespectful of Maxon´s feelings which America didnt care at all. It gave me soooo much frustration and wanted to shake America and told her to make a decision even if it wasnt the right one like: ¨Girl you would have heartbreaks but it would be better than this talking about which guy you are falling and falling out of love¨. I´m not the kind of girl who gets frustrated that easily but this book just did it, and everytime she changed her mind was a book closed and alot of me trying to relax my rage towards America. She was just getting on my nerves.
But it had its ups but they didnt made a competition for its downs. But I have to tell its ups also sooo here it goes. You know more of the background of the competition and some really surprising information involving the royal family. And some caste system problems too but going back into it dont you really wanted to know more about the rebels? Because I did. I was left with too many doubts that I think I was at the same level as America and her questions without answers. Really America? Don´t you ever dare leaving me with too many doubts without someone to answer them its FRUSTRATING!!!!
I liked the fist book it was a kind of easy reading as this one but the plot lost the battle here. It leaves you with so much desire for something more to happen that could literally make you want to hit your head with the book.
*After leaving this I´ll hide in a corner :( Please dont kill me* It just left me wanting more.
Couldnt believe the royal news, I was SHOCKED!! ( )
  bookowllover | Mar 17, 2021 |
I actually liked the Elite much better than the Selection. THe end of the Selection made me hate the silly America because of the stupid choices she made, but i was satisfied during The Elite because I could decide what I would do if I were her. Seriously! Are you going to marry a handsome prince who loves you or a jerk boyfriend. I would pick the handsome prince. ( )
  Emma.June.Lyon | Feb 23, 2021 |
After the group of girls is down to the six "Elite" America is still fighting for Maxon's love. She struggles within herself to decide if she loves Maxon or if she loves Aspen, her hometown love. ( )
  abbeyzens | Feb 19, 2021 |
Call the serpents! The queen is awake!
(For Mom)
The Angeles air was quiet, and for a while I laid still, listening to the sound of Maxon breathing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,013,858 books! | Top bar: Always visible