Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin) by…

Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin) (edition 2013)

by Jennifer Estep

Series: Elemental Assassin (8)

3122064,378 (4.01)2
When assassin Gin Blanco, a.k.a. the Spider, is robbed and taken hostage at gunpoint during the biggest gala event of the summer at Ashland's fanciest art museum, she is more than happy to show these unlucky thieves that red is her favorite color.
Member:Sam.Berretti
Title:Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin)
Authors:Jennifer Estep
Info:Pocket Books (2013), Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages

Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep

The Elemental Assassin series keeps delivering! I’m so in love. Every time I pick up a novel in the series I’m sucked in. I can’t stop reading. It’s full of action, suspense, and so much more.

Deadly Sting is the eighth book in the Elemental Assassin series by Jennifer Estep and this time Gin’s journey takes us on a fresh new take. Everything that happens in this installment takes place in one night. It’s overflowing with suspense and fast action packed scenes. Their is no dull moment.

Oh Man! Gin can never catch a break. I was/am heartbroken for Gin. The author showcases that assassins can have their hearts broken too. It made me feel so, much more for Gin. We really get to see something affect and hurt her. She’s been unstoppable and untouchable from the get go, but now she’s got to deal with emotions. As for Owen, I’m so not happy with him and how he handled things with Gin. Something is resolved in this novel and maybe they can fix what has been broken. Only time will tell.

As I said, the action doesn’t stop and in some cases, Gin is looking from the outside in, and readers get her narrative from the outsider’s perspective. I do have to say Gin is devious with McAlister and I loved how it was handled. He might come back and be a problem, but finally he is getting his comeuppance.

Deadly Sting is definitely a favorite. Well this whole series has been outstanding thus far and I can’t wait to dive into the next novel.

Rated: 5 Stars

angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
This was definitely one of the better books in this book series and certainly an improvement upon the previous two books.

One thing that makes me write that it is better is that it finally have a story where the main thread is not just a variation of the same one used in most of the previous books. In this book Gin is thrown into a situation a’la Die Hard when a bunch of giants stage a hold up on the museum she, and to no one’s surprise Finn and Owen, happens to visit at the same time.

Gin gets plenty of opportunities to demonstrate her skills while trying to save her friends as well as take down the bad guys. As an additional bonus the entire plot ties into Gin’s not-so-favorite lawyer and we are finally treated to a few pages where Gin actually deals with this unpleasant individual.

Quite a few people still seems to hold a grudge against Owen and are complaining about how bad, stupid and other worse things he is. I still do not get this. His reactions are fairly understandable as far as I am concerned and he is in no way the stupid, wussy jerk that Gin’s previous male acquaintance was.

As a whole the book was quite entertaining. Sure, there is the usual tiresome reciting of what any reader that have read the previous books already know, Gin is fumbling around a bit too much considering she is about to be a professional assassin and it is a bit annoying that, every time she is about to strike something silly happens that screws her plans but this is minor nuisances. Gin is still bad-ass Gin who does not hesitate to do some hacking and slashing when necessary.
  perjonsson | Jun 10, 2019 |
This certainly is not the first book in this collection but it didn't seem to matter as I figured out who was who pretty quickly. The heroine, Gin Blanco, is an assassin and a damn good one. Known as the Spider most fear her and those who don't should. Talked into attending a Museum event with her cousin, Gin is the subject of an assassination attempt but the wrong girl is killed. To top this off, the killers/thieves are determined to steal everything in the Museum and nearly get away with it.

A gripping novel that I certainly enjoyed. ( )
  macygma | Oct 5, 2016 |
This book is definitely slower than previous books
Gin reflects on an assignment she helped Fletcher with regarding a giant
She spends too much time thinking about things with Owen while figuring out how to stop the heist
I was pissed at Owen in the last book, and that doesn’t improve much in this one. He’s still acting like an asshat.
There was too much catching up on what’s happened previously.
Not my favorite in the series, but I’ll continue because I want to know what else happens in Gin’s world ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
What can I say? I'm hooked. Gin Blanco kicks ass. This was my first Elemental Assassin book, but definitly not the last! I couldn't put it down. ( )
  seanbata | Jun 14, 2015 |

Jennifer Estepprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fornaro, TanjaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fortgang, LaurenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,269,906 books! | Top bar: Always visible