Sword Art Online 5: Phantom Bullet - light…

Sword Art Online 5: Phantom Bullet - light novel (edition 2015)

by Reki Kawahara (Author)

Series: Sword Art Online (5)

READ THE NOVEL THAT IGNITED THE PHENOMENON! Kirito reenters the world of VRMMOs, this time logging in to Gun Gale Online in order to investigate the Death Gun, an in-game item rumored to be responsible for real-world deaths. He immediately runs into trouble when, after transferring his old avatar into the new game, he discovers that he looks a bit more feminine than he'd anticipated! With the help of Sinon the sniper, he enters the Bullet of Bullets tournament and tries to adapt his old skills to the new gun-based combat of Gun Gale Online. He'll need every friend he can get and every trick in the book, though, to learn the truth about the Death Gun!… (more)
Member:crym
Title:Sword Art Online 5: Phantom Bullet - light novel
Authors:Reki Kawahara (Author)
Info:Yen Press (2015), 208 pages

Work Information

Sword Art Online 005: Phantom Bullet by Reki Kawahara

3 1/2 stars, just too much technical gun information for my taste. I much prefer the Aincrad or ALF setting, hope book 7 gets us back there. ( )
  kevn57 | Dec 8, 2021 |
Watching Sinon struggle with guns in the anime is nothing compared to reading about her PTSD and flashbacks in the light novel. It's chilling to know what she had to experience as a child to save her mother and what it took away from her.
I also appreciate the fact Sinon is so different than the other female characters in the series so far. Not to say the others aren't strong or confident, but Sinon carries a rough and defensive edge that makes her unique. She's tough as nails in GGO, trying to overcome the struggles she faces outside of the virtual world.
While the GGO world itself doesn't impress me since I'm never one for gun games, Kawahara once again showcases his skill for bringing together characters from different worlds, both virtual and real, and developing relationships between them. The kinship Kirito and Sinon find from their haunted pasts shows through much better in the light novel. I can't wait to read the next. ( )
  Letora | Nov 24, 2019 |
Enjoyed it more than 3 & 4. Glad to have another female lead with Asuna remaining with Yui in the other VRMMORPG. ( )
  Rwbyy | Jul 2, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

"I'm telling you, the theory that AGI is the One True Stat is total nonsense," screeched a high-pitched male voice, echoing off the walls of the spacious pub.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,889,391 books! | Top bar: Always visible