The Code of the Woosters: Jeeves to the…

The Code of the Woosters: Jeeves to the Rescue (original 1938; edition 2005)

by P. G. Wodehouse (Author), Jonathan Cecil (Narrator), Inc. Blackstone Audio (Publisher)

Series: Jeeves (6)

Member:SuziQoregon
Title:The Code of the Woosters: Jeeves to the Rescue
Authors:P. G. Wodehouse (Author)
Other authors:Jonathan Cecil (Narrator), Inc. Blackstone Audio (Publisher)
Info:Blackstone Audio, Inc. (2005)
Collections:Your library, Read, Audio
Rating:***1/2
Tags:2018

The Code of the Woosters by P. G. Wodehouse (1938)

English (43)  Dutch (2)  Italian (1)  All (46)
My blog post about this book is at this link. ( )
  SuziQoregon | May 16, 2018 |
Ah. I am in love with Bertie Wooster. I can see why girls fling themselves at him. He's so... he's so... I want to squish him. I want to shower him with little kissy pecks and laugh at his slangy jokes and then go shopping for fabulous dresses with his money because he is so fucking loaded. And then when we meet up again after everything we'll get drunk together. I'm going to force myself to read all of them before watching the series with Fry and Laurie. Oh, god... what if i get a crush on Hugh Laurie? I can see it happening. ( )
1 vote Joanna.Oyzon | Apr 17, 2018 |
Another classic comedy by P. G. Wodehouse.

As expected, Bertie Wooster is drawn into mishaps and mayhem by friends and an aunt. Luckily, Jeeves is around to suggest ways out of one amusing (for the reader) scrape after another.

Of the entertaining cast of characters, Madeline Basset is my favourite. She doesn’t feature as much in this novel as when she first enters the Jeeves saga, but her infrequent appearances are nevertheless among the story’s highlights.

A rather good read, dash it. ( )
  PhilSyphe | Feb 19, 2018 |
Jeeves and Wooster are busy tracking down an antique creamer, making sure the right people get married. Excellent plot, great writing! ( )
  addunn3 | Apr 30, 2017 |
hilarious, good Jeeve’s book ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |

P. G. Wodehouseprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cockburn, AlexanderIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I reached out a hand from under the blankets, and rang the bell for Jeeves.
This book was provisionally titled The Silver Cow before being published as The Code of the Woosters.

Bertie Wooster is in the proverbial soup again. On this occasion, the problem concerns a certain cow-creamer that should have belonged to Uncle Tom, but, with the use of trickery, was purchased by Sir Watkyn Bassett. Aunt Dahlia insists that Bertie steal it back, but Sir Watkyn and his companion Roderick Spode are on to him. To make matters worse, Stephanie Byng also has an ingenious plan to endear her fiancé to her uncle (none other than Sir Watkyn) that entails Bertie stealing the cow-creamer. And she's willing to use blackmail. Damned if he does the deed and damned if he doesn't (or rather beaten to a pulp by Spode) Bertie needs Jeeves's assistance more desperately than ever. (Penguin blurb)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0394720288, Mass Market Paperback)

P.G.Wodehouse's best-loved creation by far is the master-servant team of Bertie Wooster, the likable nitwit, and Jeeves, his effortlessly superior valet and protector. This unlikely duo is as famous as Holmes and Watson, Don Quixote and Sancho Panza, and Tracy and Hepburn, but they have their own very special inimitable charm. According to Walter Clemons, Newsweek, "They are at their best in The Code of the Woosters," in which Bertie is rescued from his bumbling escapades time and time again by that gentleman's gentleman: Jeeves.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:20 -0400)

Bertie Wooster is rescued from his bumbling escapades time and time again by his superior valet and protector Jeeves.

W.W. Norton

An edition of this book was published by W.W. Norton.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,447,744 books! | Top bar: Always visible