Last Wool and Testament

by Molly MacRae

TGIF (Thank Goodness it's Fiber) is the name of the spunky group of fiber and needlework artists founded by Ivy McClellan, Kath's beloved grandmother. Though Ivy has recently passed on, the members still meet regularly at her fiber and fabric shop, The Weaver's Cat, which Kath has now inherited. But that's only the first in a series of surprises when Kath returns to the small town of Blue Plum, Tennessee, to settle her grandmother's affairs. There has been a murder, and it turns out her grandmother was the prime suspect. Before she can begin to clear her grandmother's name, Kath encounters a looming presence in the form of a gloomy ghost. It turns out the specter has just as much interest in solving the murder as Kath. So, with a little help from the members of TGIF and a stubborn spirit from beyond, Kath sets out to unravel the clues and hook the real killer.… (more)

English (16)  Piratical (1)  All languages (17)
I wanted to like this book. It was set in East Tennessee and featured needlework. The characters are flat. The narrative fails to engage the reader. The paranormal angle is just too strange--even for an area with a lot of ghost stories. About 30% of the way into the book, I finally gave up. ( )
  thornton37814 | Oct 12, 2021 |
I know I started this book before, but I picked it up again since I couldn't remember how it ended. And now, having finished it, I think I started it but never finished it the last time I got it out of the library. Nothing from the middle half of the book on seemed familiar.

This is a fun cozy mystery. However, don't expect the yarn content to be anything but superficial. Yes, it's the first in the "Haunted Yarn Shop" mystery series. But unlike some other fiber-oriented cozy mystery series, this book at least (I can't vouch for the rest of the series) only uses the yarn shop as a setting. It's still enjoyable, and the "haunted" part was certainly true (and fun). But don't expect much in the way of yarn in this one. ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | May 18, 2020 |
No descriptions of anything - not the yarn shop, the house, the cottage, the people, OR, most disappointingly, the yarns. The characters were without substance and the book was boring. ( )
  book_lady15 | Apr 3, 2020 |
This was a fun read with likable characters and interesting mysteries. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would and am lookjing forward to reading more of the series. ( )
  DrApple | Jan 2, 2019 |
This reader of the audiobook was awful. The book was simple and fast. predictable as well. ( )
  cfulton20 | Dec 5, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

For Mom and Dad, who gave my life warp, weft, and words. Jane Canby MacRae, James Lawrence Woodward MacRae
It wasn't how I'd planned to spend my thirty-ninth birthday, driving like a crazed woman from Richmond, Virginia, to a cemetery in the mountains of east Tennessee.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,491,380 books! | Top bar: Always visible