If the Dinosaurs Came Back by Bernard Most

If the Dinosaurs Came Back (edition 1984)

by Bernard Most (Author)

A young boy who wishes for the return of dinosaurs imagines how useful they would be.
Member:theDunnFamily
Title:If the Dinosaurs Came Back
Authors:Bernard Most (Author)
Info:HMH Books for Young Readers (1984), Edition: First, 32 pages

Work Information

If the Dinosaurs Came Back by Bernard Most

$16.95
  CapitalCityPCS | Sep 20, 2019 |
If the dinosaurs came back, they would be able to do a lot of our everyday jobs like paint tall houses, carry parents to work, be our pets, etc. This book talks about all the fun and helpful things they could do!
1 book
  TUCC | May 8, 2018 |
This is a really cool book about dinosaurs. It was actually my favorite book when I was a kid growing up. This book envisions a world where dinosaurs still exist in our modern world. The dinosaurs are used as transportation, yard workers, circus props, and other things that require large creatures. What I love about this book is that it encourages great imagination. There is also a page where it shows about 20 different dinosaurs with their name under a picture, so children can study the names after they read the book. The book is more suitable for K-3rd grade. It is a good book for emergent readers to try reading on their own. I highly recommend this book to be in early elementary school classrooms. ( )
  Ryanscheafer | Dec 19, 2015 |
This book is very imaginative because it shows children how life would be if dinosaurs were still living among us. It shows children the different jobs that dinosaurs would have depending on their sizes. I would recommend this book to my students to help them better understand dinosaurs.
  kelseyo | Sep 16, 2013 |
I gave it lower reviews due to the illustrations not the text. As a child the pictures carried me through a story, unless it was one I could dream up in my head. I feel this book is descriptive enough to create mental images. The suggestions it provides about how the world would be different is fascinating. I think I would use this text for students to draw their own pictures to go along with the text. Talk about the way illustrators use pictures to assist with reading. Explain to them often the pictures give hints to the vocabulary words they may be struggling with. ( )
  KENJOH | Oct 8, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,461,566 books! | Top bar: Always visible