Snow (1962)

by P. D. Eastman, Roy McKié (Illustrator)

1,041914,697 (3.69)22
Two children enjoy sledding, skiing, making tracks, building a snowman, and other activities in the snow.

For all the normalcy of such a topic, it has become well-liked and well-read.

J: "First this book was a little hard but when I read it again to myself then I got better." ( )
  morbusiff | Sep 20, 2018 |
A fun rhyming easy reader that I would like better in December, instead of April. ( )
  LibrarianRyan | Apr 12, 2018 |
Snow is an amazing beginner book. The first snow is always the most beautiful day because of the blankets and blankets of untouched snow. On this day, two siblings or friends are able to enjoy the first snow. A day filled with lots of snow, laughter and many fun activities. The illustrations are picture perfect because it able the capture how snow looks and the many activities going on. The colors are simple, but eye catching too because of how the Illuster was able to draw and sketch out the characters. I really love the text used in this book because it was so easy to read. Teachers should definitely share this book with their students. It can be used in the classroom by letting the students self-read. Since, it is such an easy book many young students are able to read this book to themselves. I really like how this book was so cute and readable for young readers. Many young readers will be able to read this on their own and will proud about it. ( )
  s.vang | Sep 24, 2015 |
One of my favorite read alouds. ( )
  madamepince | Jan 10, 2015 |
I always like to read this book in the winter because it reminds me of how I felt during winter as a child when it snowed. I used to read this book when it snowed, and as a result have a sort of sentimental attachment to it. This was my designated “snow day book.” The thing I like best about this book is that it is simplistic, but still tells a good story. I think this is a perfect recipe for children’s books. Another thing I like about this book is that the illustrations look like they were colored in by a child. They have bold black lines with primary colors in the middle, occasionally spilling out. This, coupled with the simplistic text, really gives the feel that it is written by a child, which is especially interesting because the narrator of the book is a child. It is written as if the child went out and played in the snow, and then came back inside and wrote this book about his adventures. The main idea of this book is that no matter how old you are, there is still something purely magical about playing in the snow. ( )
  lmcswe1 | Dec 1, 2014 |

P. D. Eastmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
McKié, RoyIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lopshire, Robertsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Snow!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,288,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible