Walking Disaster: A Novel (The Maddox…

Walking Disaster: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Series) (edition 2013)

by Jamie McGuire

Series: Beautiful Disaster (2)

How much is too much to love? Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder. Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much? Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder. In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees. Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it's time to see the story through Travis's eyes.… (more)
Member:BookCrazed2013
Title:Walking Disaster: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Series)
Authors:Jamie McGuire
Info:Atria Books (2013), Edition: Original, Paperback, 448 pages
Rating:*****

Work Information

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

English (117)  Italian (1)  All languages (118)
I actually enjoyed reading this book from Trevor's point of view.

And unlike Todd's After series this one is sweeter and less abusive. There are still red flags but I think this relationship is certainly less volatile.

This series was recommended to me after finishing Todd's series.

abbieriddle | Mar 1, 2022 |
I have had this on my TBR for some time because Travis Maddox is one of my all-time favorite book boyfriends. I originally read Beautiful Disaster back in 2015. Even after five years, this quote still stands out for me, “To douchebags!" he said, gesturing to Brad. "And to girls that break your heart," he bowed his head to me. His eyes lost focus. "And to the absolute fucking horror of losing your best friend because you were stupid enough to fall in love with her.” I cannot almost still recite it word for word after thousands of books and all of these years.

However, Even with Travis telling the story through his point of view, I didn't love the story as much as I did the first time. This isn't because of Travis, oh no, this man is a GOD for a reason. No, it is because I found Abby irritating. If I didn't know the story the way that I did, I am not sure I would have fallen in love with this book like I did.

Still, I would highly recommend this story from whichever point of view works best for you. ( )
  MagicalRi | Feb 24, 2022 |
So good, I finished it in a few hours! I loved the fact that we got a peek into the future of the couple in this book. It was a great companion novel for Beautiful Disaster. Of course some parts were skimmed over that I wish we would have seen more of, like the weeks after Thanksgiving and what exactly he went through, or the fight where Abby gets assaulted. Other than that I couldn't have asked for a better story! ( )
  DawnReaderone | May 8, 2021 |
Travis could be my book boyfriend. Loved the epilogue. ( )
  readingbeader | Oct 29, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

To Jeff,
my very own
BEAUTIFUL disaster
EVEN WITH THE SWEAT ON HER FOREHEAD AND THE skip in her breath, she didn't look sick.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 179,885,210 books! | Top bar: Always visible