Walking Disaster: A Novel (Beautiful) by…

Walking Disaster: A Novel (Beautiful) (edition 2013)

by Jamie McGuire (Author)

Member:seriesousbooks
Title:Walking Disaster: A Novel (Beautiful)
Authors:Jamie McGuire (Author)
Info:Atria Books (2013), Edition: Original ed., 449 pages
Tags:to-read, looking-forward-to, library

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Recently added byLucasShauni12, Erina39

I actually preferred this book to the first one. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Beautiful Disaster a lot. However, the first book made Travis out to be obsessive, possessive, and kinda psychotic. This book gave a welcomed change of perspective. Understanding his side, shed a new light on his actions. The waring emotions he had were intriguing and very intense at times, which made me more sympathetic towards him, and understand how Abby's attraction was beyond physical. I definitely look forward to reading more about the Maddox brothers! ( )
  vanisheDsaRah | Apr 10, 2018 |
Oh my! What can I say about Travis!?! If I didn't love him already, I sure do now.... Not that I didn't love him though! I was always rooting for him!
He about ripped my heart out with his love for Pigeon and her reluctance to love him back!
I thought for sure since I already knew the story from Beautiful Disaster, but what I got was a totally different look at the story from a heartbreaking and earth-shattering point of view!
There wasn't much I didn't like about this book.... I can say I was a little disappointed on details. We got a lot of details on big events before, but none here. I would have liked more on his thoughts at times like his fights and a little more on the fire scene! A lot of things just got skipped over and mentioned as an afterthought.
Now, the epilogue.... I am HOPING this means that we WILL be seeing some more of Travis and Pigeon soon! Jamie McGuire really left us panting and drooling with that ending! So, I am begging for more surrounding the epilogue! I really want to see how that turns out! ( )
  AmberGoleb | Mar 13, 2018 |
I love this series, and I ADORE Dan Bittner's performance of Travis' perspective. He really captures the intensity we would expect of a Maddox brother, and a lot of that great sense of humor as well. I'll be listening to this one again and again! ( )
  cecilywolfe | Jan 4, 2018 |
Seeing as the first book, Beautiful Disaster, is my ALL TIME FAVORITE book. It was a given I would love this story also. Even though the story time line is the same as the first book, it's Travis' point of view and shows what he was doing when not with Abby. The Maddox brothers are very humorous. ( )
  MsButterfly | Aug 20, 2017 |
disappointing compared to the Beautiful Disaster book. I think these two should have somehow been intertwined. Maybe because I knew how the story would unfold I didn't find this a good or interesting read. It didn't ring with the same authenticity as Beautiful Disaster. Would definitely read more by the author though. ( )
  Felicity-Smith | May 23, 2017 |
To Jeff,
my very own
BEAUTIFUL disaster
EVEN WITH THE SWEAT ON HER FOREHEAD AND THE skip in her breath, she didn't look sick.

Can you love someone too much? Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder. His life is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,327,451 books! | Top bar: Always visible