Walking Disaster: A Novel (Beautiful) by…

Walking Disaster: A Novel (Beautiful) (edition 2013)

by Jamie McGuire (Author)

Member:seriesousbooks
Title:Walking Disaster: A Novel (Beautiful)
Authors:Jamie McGuire (Author)
Info:Atria Books (2013), Edition: Original ed., 449 pages
Tags:to-read, looking-forward-to, library

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

5***** Forever ?? ƒ?Travis `Mad Dog' Maddox ƒ? ƒ? Gold Stars
If my friends ask me what should they read I always recommend this one, but never done a review on this read, so I decided to read it again to ensure it is still a 5 star read for me, and YEAH It still is :D

For this review I am only adding a few quotes from this book that states it all!

1st person Point of view ƒ?? Travis aka ƒ??Mad Dogƒ?, 21 years, College student, underground fighter, has tattoos, cocky, short-tempered and man-whore, until he met Pigeon.

The beginning of this book starts off heart-breaking. My heart went out to Travis, and this also helps to understand Travis better.

Travis Mom - "Travis, I need you to listen to what I'm going to say, and even more important, I need you to remember.....One of these days you are going to fall in love son. Don't settle for just anyone. Choose the girl that doesn't come easy; the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting....Never stop fighting for what you want...."
"Can you love someone too much?ƒ?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother: Love hard. Fight harder.

After spending sixty seconds in Abby Abernathy ƒ??s presence, I discerned two things: she didnƒ??t talk much, and when she did she was kind of a bitch. But I donƒ??t know . . . I kind of dug that about her.

Once she kissed me, my heart slowed, and every muscle in my body relaxed. How much I needed her terrified me.
ƒ??That was some first kiss,ƒ? Abby- said with a tired, contented expression.
Travis - I scanned her face and smiled. ƒ??Your last first kiss.ƒ?

"I know," I said, my voice breaking. "I never once convinced myself that I was good enough for you."
"Even though it seemed she wanted nothing to do with me, I couldn't stop hoping that at some point soon she would forgive me or start missing me as much as I missed her and show up at the apartment. Thinking about never seeing her again was too painful, so I decided to keep waiting."
"When you're around, I don't need booze or money or the fighting or the one-night stands ... all I need is you. You're all I think about. You're all I dream about. You're all I want."
"Maybe it was just me. Maybe it was just me and her. Maybe together we were this volatile entity that would either implode or meld together. Either way, it seemed the moment I met her, my life had been turned upside down. And I didn't want it any other way."

"I didn't know I was lost until you found me. I didn't know what alone was until the first night I spent without you in my bed. You're the one thing I've got right. You're what I've been waiting for, Pigeon."

Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
According to me a Prologue or the 1st Chapter of a book is THE reflection - SO it must capture my attention from page 1 I will continue a few more chapters to give the Book a fair chance to change my mind!

SO Herewith my review!

Harrumph – see if you can see in the music videos who is my other idol :D → who I am stalking

Prologue OR Chapter 1

`Mad Dog' Maddox – LOVED THIS BOOK – ANOTHER UNDERSTATEMENT MUCH 10 stars*

The beginning of this book starts off breaking my heart. BUT → this also helps to understand Travis better.

Eminem - Phenomenal

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother: Love hard. Fight harder.
After spending sixty seconds in Abby Abernathy s presence, I discerned two things: she didn’t talk much, and when she did she was kind of a bitch. But I don’t know . . . I kind of dug that about her.

Relationship development Chapter Development

That was some first kiss, Abby- said with a tired, contented expression.

Travis - I scanned her face and smiled. Your last first kiss!

A few paragraphs / quotes → I loved

Warrior - Remember Everything (Music Video)

Epilogue! →

Recommend to the following type of readers: →
Over 18 etc.

Why my rating?→
Don’t be foolish read the book!!!!
Will I read it again?→
OH YES
My feelings while reading this: →
Why Do We Fall - Motivational Video

To the Author
Standing Ovation

Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
I actually preferred this book to the first one. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Beautiful Disaster a lot. However, the first book made Travis out to be obsessive, possessive, and kinda psychotic. This book gave a welcomed change of perspective. Understanding his side, shed a new light on his actions. The waring emotions he had were intriguing and very intense at times, which made me more sympathetic towards him, and understand how Abby's attraction was beyond physical. I definitely look forward to reading more about the Maddox brothers! ( )
  vanisheDsaRah | Apr 10, 2018 |
Oh my! What can I say about Travis!?! If I didn't love him already, I sure do now.... Not that I didn't love him though! I was always rooting for him!
He about ripped my heart out with his love for Pigeon and her reluctance to love him back!
I thought for sure since I already knew the story from Beautiful Disaster, but what I got was a totally different look at the story from a heartbreaking and earth-shattering point of view!
There wasn't much I didn't like about this book.... I can say I was a little disappointed on details. We got a lot of details on big events before, but none here. I would have liked more on his thoughts at times like his fights and a little more on the fire scene! A lot of things just got skipped over and mentioned as an afterthought.
Now, the epilogue.... I am HOPING this means that we WILL be seeing some more of Travis and Pigeon soon! Jamie McGuire really left us panting and drooling with that ending! So, I am begging for more surrounding the epilogue! I really want to see how that turns out! ( )
  AmberGoleb | Mar 13, 2018 |
I love this series, and I ADORE Dan Bittner's performance of Travis' perspective. He really captures the intensity we would expect of a Maddox brother, and a lot of that great sense of humor as well. I'll be listening to this one again and again! ( )
  cecilywolfe | Jan 4, 2018 |
To Jeff,
my very own
BEAUTIFUL disaster
EVEN WITH THE SWEAT ON HER FOREHEAD AND THE skip in her breath, she didn't look sick.

Can you love someone too much? Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder. His life is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,807,332 books! | Top bar: Always visible