Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Untamed by Sara Humphreys

Sara rocks it again in book 3 of the Amoveo Legend. William and Layla are soulmate, but the purist still want to destroy all the amoveo hybrids. Get ready to laugh out loud, scream at some of the characters, and fall hopelessly in love with the stiff, 3 pc suited William. and the 1/2 breed Layla. Rosie, Layla's foster mom, is a hoot, and comes out with some of the greatest lines I've heard, lol, "Well Hell's Bells" is my favorite. Sara brings such passion in her books and I look forward to each one. ( )
  Sharon815 | Apr 23, 2015 |
We’d met Layla as a photographer in the last book, but didn’t get to know anything about her. So it’s a little surprising to discover that she’s William’s mate and not only already knows she’s a hybrid, but grew up with two others. She’s independent and not at all trusting of anyone outside of her family. We know William as an uptight stick-in-the-mud and boy does he have his work cut out for him.

When starting this book I thought William would be the one fighting against change, but I was wrong and I really learned to appreciate him. Layla is the bigger challenge. Layla is an interesting character but at the same time, many times you’ll just want to shake her.

This story flows differently from the prior ones in that the challenges are quite a bit different. Samantha, Malcolm, Kerry and Dante are also on scene and getting the three women together is good for the story. The back story moves forward in a way that will change future stories.

The author is really good at making the reader feel the intimacy, romance and sexual tension between the characters. Who wouldn’t want to find one of these guys? ( )
  dearheart | Mar 12, 2015 |
After reading the last book in this series, Untouched, (review here), I was hoping we would get to read about William next and luckily Sara gave us that experience in Untamed. William has always been the “stiff” of the group. He is constantly dressed in a suit, he rarely cracks a smile and he seems to take life way to seriously. I loved when he found his mate, Layla, since she was the exact opposite of him. She flies by the seat of her pants and is a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. They say opposites attract and that was definitely the case in this book.

William discovers Layla in the previous book, but does not approach her because she not only knows what he is, she wants nothing to do with him. She was not willing to just give into her destined mate because she wanted a life that she chooses, not one that was chosen for her. I had to admire her spirit and her independent streak that kept William constantly on his toes. I also savored watching Layla crack Williams’s tough exterior. He has tried to keep an appearance of steady and calm, but underneath the surface he is going crazy trying to convince Layla that they belong together. She slowly brings him out of his shell and as she does he develops into a very sweet character. He calls Layla his “firefly” for much of the novel without explanation, but when he finally tells her the reason behind the name it was definitely a swoon worthy moment. I am not going to reveal his reason, but I am sure it will touch your heart too once you read it.

I also enjoyed watching Dante and Malcolm rib on William a little bit when he starts to shed his stoic exterior. Here is one good example:

“Dante let out a slow whistle. “Oh man.” He laughed. I never thought I’d live to see the day that William Fleury wears anything but a three-piece suit.” He pointed at his feet. “Holy shit! He’s barefoot too.”
“If you must know-“William sniffed and wiped his hands with the towel. “I’ve been busy making you ingrates breakfast, but I have half a mind to feed it to the horses.”
“Barefoot and in the kitchen?” Malcolm chimed in. “You’re not pregnant, are you?”

As for the action, it took a back seat to the romance, but was still present enough to keep me interested. In previous novels, the Purist played a larger role than they did in Untamed. The threat of them was still there and there were some big revelations about them towards the end of the novel, but they were not as involved in the main plot as they had been previously. I did not mind the downshift in the action at all. There was still plenty going on to keep my mind occupied and keep Layla and William very busy.

We also get a couple new secondary characters through Layla’s siblings. Her brother Raife and his twin sister, Tatiana are also hybrids and have been Layla’s rock for most of her life. We get to see quite a bit from Raife and he really grew on me, but we have yet to meet Tatiana. I am hoping a future book will be about her because if she is anything like her siblings she will be a great character to get to know. While we did get caught up with Dante and Malcolm, there was no sight of Steven. I am not sure where he is, but I did miss his presence and hope we will get to see more from him in future books.

Overall, Untamed was another great addition to the series. Watching William find his mate and the ability to loosen up a little was highly enjoyable. Sara has created a fantastic world of loveable shifters that I am always eager to learn more about. I am not sure what book comes next, but I know I will be very excited to read it and see what will come next in this world. ( )
  ABookwormsHaven | Nov 26, 2012 |
"A sibling may be the keeper of one's identity, the only
person with the keys to one's unfettered, more funda-
mental self."
                                                 --Marian Sandmaier
For Megan, Charlie, and Kate . . .
keepers of the keys.
Why wouldn't her legs go any faster?

"Layla Nickelsen has spent years hiding from her Amoveo mate and guarding a devastating secret. But Layla's worst fear is realized when the man who haunts her dreams shows up in person. William Fleury is as stoic as they come, until he finds Layla and his feelings overwhelm him. She won't let him get close, but then an unknown enemy erupts in violence and threatens everything Layla holds dear" -- p. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,476,878 books! | Top bar: Always visible