A Tale of Two Cities / Great Expectations

by Charles Dickens

Two of Dicken's novels are republished. The first follows a group from the tranquil roads of London to the vengeful, bloodstained streets of Paris at the height of the Reign of Terror. The second follows the life of the orphaned Pip from the wild Kent marshes through a series of events as he abandons his humble origins to begin a new life as a gentleman.… (more)

Great book. Everyone should read this classic. ( )
  bookburner451 | Nov 19, 2022 |
Purchased used.
  trek520 | Sep 1, 2021 |
M100 General Works
  TLH7718 | Dec 15, 2017 |
I really enjoyed both books. Reading both back to back gave me a more complete idea of the Victorian era and Dicken's style of writing. Knowing that these stories were written in serial format shows how great they were due to the fact of demands from the public and magazines that published them.

I do rccommend reading the cliff notes of each book side by side if you find the stories difficult to digest at first. It helps get an understanding of the characters and plot points. ( )
  capiam1234 | Aug 14, 2013 |

smcamp1234 | Aug 14, 2013 |

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,221,939 books! | Top bar: Always visible