His Very Own Girl by Carrie Lofty

His Very Own Girl

by Carrie Lofty

From the author of Flawless and Starlight comes an emotional, sensual romance set during World War II about a female British civilian pilot and the American paratrooper medic who opens her heart--only available as an eBook. After the War took the lives of Lulu Davies's parents and her fianc√©, she promised herself she would guard her heart carefully and concentrate on her great love--flying the biggest and best airplanes in the sky. Lulu is a pilot in the British civilian air force, ferrying planes around Great Britain and keeping her eye on a coveted spot in a training program for world-class pilots. She's perfectly content to strive for greatness in the skies, and dance with a few GIs on the way. Brawny, quiet American medic Joe Weber signed up with the paratroopers to escape his checkered past; he's hoping that jumping out of planes and patching up soldiers will earn him respect and a hopeful future. Joe's first real test of medical skill is on a pilot whose plane takes a hard landing in a training field; after rushing to the crash scene, he is stunned to come face-to-face with a gorgeous Rita Hayworth lookalike. And when the two cross paths at a dance hall a couple weeks later, he can't resist the urge to find out more about this spirited, dark-haired beauty. Their flirtation breaks all of Lulu's rules, but dance by dance, week by week, walk by walk, she finds herself falling in love with this honest, vulnerable man on the run from his demons. But as Lulu and Joe's undeniable attraction gains momentum, World War II steadily intensifies toward D-Day. The lovers only have one night together before Joe is transported to France for the Battle of the Bulge, where his skills and his instinct for survival will be pushed to their limits. Lulu distracts herself with flight school and the friendships of her colleagues, but she can't get the handsome medic out of her head. Only time and hope will tell if her love will return unharmed from War, and if the two will be able to overcome their pasts to form a beautiful life together in peace-time.… (more)

I am having an inner major muppet flail right now for this setting and premise of this book and I BLOODY adore the cover!

Full Review to be posted soon:

Wonderful sweeping romance which was full of rich detail and authentic tone. Although the first half was a bit slow in the pacing and I did get frustrated by the characters because they placed emotional barriers with each other over the romance - I really enjoyed the book, and I was totally immersed in the story and romance. ( )
  Has_bookpusher | Sep 20, 2013 |
I absolutely loved this book! Not surprising for I love WWII settings and history and to combine it with a romance - this was a no brainer for me! Feisty pilot heroine and I adored the vulnerable medic hero! This was such a surprise, and I was riveted from start to finish. Exciting moments while flying her planes, near crash landings and what have you. Joe was a dear, I loved him. I just adored this whole WWII scenario! I want more of this couple and see what happens next in their lives. A real keeper, sexy, evocative, memorable - and what a cover! ( )
  ktleyed | Dec 3, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,747,726 books! | Top bar: Always visible