The Intriguing Story of the Elements: The…

The Intriguing Story of the Elements: The New Guide to the Building Blocks… (edition 2015)

by Jack Challoner (Author)

Takes you on a gorgeously illustrated tour of the Periodic Table. Filled with fascinating information about the elements, their main compounds, and their principal uses, this authoritative yet accessible book, written by renowned popular-science writer Jack Challoner, makes "hard" science easy, interesting, and relevant to our daily lives.… (more)
Member:MantisJean
Title:The Intriguing Story of the Elements: The New Guide to the Building Blocks of Our Universe
Authors:Jack Challoner (Author)
Info:Metro (2015), 160 pages

The Elements: The New Guide to the Building Blocks of Our Universe by Jack Challoner

2013 (my review can be found on the LibraryThing page linked)
http://www.librarything.com/topic/160515#4395405 ( )
  dchaikin | Sep 26, 2020 |
What a great treatment of this subject! This is excellent in the same way that the old Time-Life history sets were. The material is presented in an easily logical pattern, with lots of interesting facts, photos, and enough tease material to encourage a reader to read further. I've never seen the periodic table presented so simply and clearly to the general public before. Kudos! ( )
1 vote 2wonderY | Feb 22, 2013 |

Jack Challoner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,101,307 books! | Top bar: Always visible