The cookies are pretty uniformly excellent, if occasionally a bit odd. Ketchup cookies: a testament to our foremothers' creativity in the face of desperation, or just high weirdness? I'll let you know as soon as I work up the nerve to try them.
The book also has interesting and useful lists of cookies--such as "cookies that sell well at bake sales", "cookies that mail well", "cookies that do not fly into a million crumbs at first bite and are therefore practical to give to a toddler without first equipping him or her with a flypaper bib"--that reek of hard-won experience and are honestly quite practical.
As a special bonus, the book comes larded with quaintly sexist advice, for your guffawing pleasure! (Disclaimer: I have the 1971 edition. Maybe they've updated.)
  nnicole | Sep 3, 2008 |

Farm Journal Editorsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Farm Journalmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Golden brown cookies, warm and fragrant from the oven - could anything taste better?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,113,765 books! | Top bar: Always visible