Martin Scorsese: A Journey by Mary Pat Kelly

Martin Scorsese: A Journey (1991)

by Mary Pat Kelly

Controversy & acclaim mark Martin Scorsese's career from his earlier iconoclastic New York films like Mean Streets & Raging Bull to the more recent The Last Temptation of Christ, GoodFellas, & Cape Fear. In Martin Scorsese: A Journey, Mary Pat Kelley, writer & prize-winning filmmaker, traces Scorsese's life & work though interviews with Scorsese as well as more than twenty major motion picture figures, providing a rare look at the process & inspiration behind the films of America's premier director. Martin Scorsese: A Journey includes exclusive interviews with Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci, Nick Nolte, Oliver Stone, Willem Dafoe, Barbara Hershey, Harvey Keitel, Paul Newman, Liza Minnelli, Sandra Bernhard, Rosanna Arquette, Ellen Burstyn, & many, many more.… (more)

Bashful or secretive, Scorsese isn't. He LOVES to talk about himself and why he does or did what he does or did and why he thinks he should have or shouldn't have. I know if I were to sit down for a drink with him, we'd be talking like old friends at once. I've read everything there is about him and even listened to all of his own commentaries on disks of his movies. My kind of guy. Creative, too, at least in the early years. People born after the 70's will never know the shock of his veracity was in Mean Streets, and why I was hooked from then on. ( )
  echaika | Jan 11, 2010 |
"I get my timing from my mother."

- Martin Scorsese
For my mother, Mariann Williams Kelly,

and in memory of my father,

Michael Joseph Kelly
"No, actually, I met Martin Scorsese twenty-five years ago in the mop room of the convent where I was studying to be a nun." (Introduction)
Martin Scorsese discovered his parents while shooting the documentary Italianamerican in 1974.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,796,880 books! | Top bar: Always visible