Near + Far by Cat Rambo

Near + Far (edition 2012)

by Cat Rambo

301367,255 (3)None
Title:Near + Far
Authors:Cat Rambo
Info:Hydra House (2012), Paperback, 318 pages
Collections:Your library, In Scotland
Tags:speculative fiction, fiction, anthology, goodreads, short stories

Near + Far by Cat Rambo

I was intrigued by the novelty of owning a tête-bêche double-anthology like Near + Far, so I opted for the physical version instead of an ebook. I do not regret my choice. Stories with the solidity of these require a physical manifestation. I would finish a story and then find myself carrying the volume around with the last sentences still in my eyes, unable to sever the connection. Rambo's stories show her deft hand with the intricacies of relationships and the vagaries of gender, but I was most enthralled with how delicately and compassionately she addresses the topics of addiction and abuse. These glimpses into the near future and the far are thought-provoking morsels to be savoured. ( )
  cygnoir | Jul 10, 2013 |

Whether set in terrestrial oceans or on far-off space stations, Cat Rambo's masterfully told stories explore themes of gender, despair, tragedy, and the triumph of both human and non-human alike. Cats talk, fur wraps itself around you, aliens overstay their welcome, and superheroes deal with everyday problems. Rambo has been published in Asimov's, Weird Tales, and Tor.com among many others. She was an editor for Fantasy Magazine, has written numerous nonfiction articles and interviews, and has volunteered time with Broad Universe and Clarion West. She has been shortlisted for the Endeavour Award, the Million Writers Award, the Locus Awards, and most recently a World Fantasy Award.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:33 -0400)

Cat Rambo is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,885,312 books! | Top bar: Always visible