Myriad by Mona Hanna
Kalin, tired of being put down for who he is, leaves home when he turns eighteen. Despite being a warlock, he's denied his magic for years because his parents told him magic is evil. He just wants to start a new life and leave his past behind.But then Kalin is approached by a group who tell him he has a rare kind of power-and the ability to stop a dark warlock from threatening the Royal family. Kalin doesn't think he can help until one of the witches, a seer named Regina, has a vision about his future.The truth behind his ability shocks him-and may lead to his death and the death of his new friends. With Regina's visions as his guide, will he decide the risk is worth taking?… (more)
ebook (1) fantasy (1) favorite (1) K (1) magic (2) Prentor (1) revenge (1) romance (2) to-read (5) trash (1) Warlock (1) warlocks (1) witch (1) witches (1)

I loved this story!! This is the first book in the series. The author grabs your attention from the first page and never lets you go. The characters are relatable and you are endeared to them right away. The storyline is well developed and the authors descriptions of places and events are so vivid you feel you are there. I cannot wait to read the next installment. ( )
  sportzmomof5 | Jan 2, 2014 |
Fantasy romance, decently written in a straightforward style. Unfortunately, the most interesting characters were the ones we learned the least about. H = Luke Skywalker, h = Arwen, but without any real depth. What world-building there was interested me, but more would have helped make the story stronger. Still a good journeyman effort, even with some random verb tenses thrown in. ( )
  GunnarGrey | Jul 30, 2013 |
Highly Recommended
I could not put this book down. I just had to know what was going to happen next. This book was excellent, especially for a first book. Will definitely look for her next one! ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Mar 11, 2013 |
I thought this book was quite entertaining. I love the length- apparently novellas are perfect for me. The story was interesting and enjoyable. The characters are believable (for a fantasy) and, in the end, I wanted to read more about them, which is the ultimate goal of a series. I will be reading the second installment as well. I also loved the fact that this book was not riddled with typos and grammatical errors. That is one of my pet peeves and seemed to be becoming more common in books, but not this one! ( )
  jess77531 | Mar 8, 2013 |
This story is starts off with a little backstory. The once evil Warlock, Myriad, is desperately trying to save his wife and unborn child from a disease. The King has the cure which he is giving to his daughter, Princess Carmel. Unfortunately, the King selfishly use up the entire cure for his daughter and thus, sets off Myriad seeking to avenge his family's death. Myriad promises to kill three people in the Castle on the anniversary of this event until the eighteenth year of Princess Carmel's birth. Then, he will kill the Royal Family in his final act of vengeance.

Eighteen years later, we meet Kalin who is trying to start a new life. However, he meets a small group of Warlocks and Witches who have been looking for him to help stop Myriad's revenge. To learn more, you must read this book! I did enjoy this book and would recommend it to anybody who likes their fantasy with a little bit of romance. ( )
  slimy07 | Jan 1, 2013 |
"Be careful..."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,904,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible