HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Blood Prophecy

by Alyxandra Harvey

"Can Solange find her way back home again? And can she do it in time to save everyone she loves from the vampire civil war, hunter attack, and each other? Because not everyone can survive the prophecy... maybe not even her"--

I finally read the end of my favorite series going on for the last several years!

I still madly love this series for all the reasons I massively, lengthily, raved in fangirl glee over in all their other reviews. All the girls are still amazing. All the different worlds that are now interconnected are still amazing. The way the book is plotted with the first massive climax happening at the 60th percent of the book, and still going on, still having so much more to go one about, and then once the other climax's have finished, still going on about real life choices and actions -- still one of my favorite parts.

That things where there's a bunch that happens off screen your main pov character doesn't see and has to be caught up on (during fights, and normal days)? Still. A. Crazy. Amazing. Realistic. Favorite.

At the heart of this novel, this story is still about the people it started out being about: Solange and Lucy, and, then, by extension, all the Drakes and all the brothers they fell in love over the last few books. It's still about the small universe, of the Drakes tucked away, and the large universe, of everyone who is anyone knowing who Solange is based on her birth and her actions now.

I won't spoil anything. I will only say that I still love, love, love, love this series. I am sad to see it end, and happy to see it got a fitting ending. Plus, I will be here with bells when Alyxandra starts her next series.

Minus 1 star only because while I loved the changing point of view among all the strong women we've met over the years and books, I felt so confused in the last third of the book to what was happening where, with who, and by whom. It was just a little too layered and disjointed. But it was still glorious all the way around.
  wanderlustlover | Dec 26, 2022 |
I thought this was a good ending to a good series. The action scenes were really good. Since the narrator switches between a few different characters there were times where it was jarring going between the characters. And there were a couple of times where there was a new narrator who only narrated once or twice. But overall it was good, and I'm looking forward to reading other things from Alyxandra Harvey ( )
  jessie_mae | Jul 28, 2020 |
You can check out more reviews by me on my blog:

_____________________________________________________30/09/2012

EDIT*
The cover..

_____________________________________________________17/09/2012

That says January.

I read that right.. Right?

I did!

EDIT*
The cover..

_____________________________________________________17/09/2012

That says January.

I read that right.. Right?

I did!

Deep Breath..

Ok, I'm calm now..

...

Over & Out, T xx
  RichlyWritten | Sep 23, 2019 |
While I'm sad to see the end of the Drakes, the promise in the back of the book of future e-novellas gives me hope. Also, the series itself was nicely wrapped up. The story lines with the possession and then bringing an evil they though vanquished back, kept me gripping the edge of my seat as I hurried to read faster and faster to see how it would all turn out. And I really loved getting a little glimpse into Sebastian's love life at the end. I had always wanted him to have his own story, so I hope he's one of the e-novellas that Ms. Harvey hinted at. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

I was a voice inside my own head.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,805,003 books! | Top bar: Always visible