Splat Says Thank You! (Splat the Cat) by Rob…

Splat Says Thank You! (Splat the Cat) (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Rob Scotton (Author), Rob Scotton (Illustrator)

Series: Splat the Cat (7)

"In this Thanksgiving-themed story, Splat the Cat figures out how to let Seymour know that he's thankful for their friendship"--
Member:MadisonJohnson
Title:Splat Says Thank You! (Splat the Cat)
Authors:Rob Scotton (Author)
Other authors:Rob Scotton (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2012), 40 pages

Work Information

Splat the Cat Says Thank You! by Rob Scotton (2013)

Splat is worried about Seymore because he isn't feeling well. He cheers him up by telling him thank you for all the ways he is his friend.
  NHPS | Feb 1, 2019 |
This story is a heart-warming story of how best friends would do anything for each other. The pictures in the book looked 3 and super detailed, This was something I had never seen before in a book and it looked really cool.
  MirandaBee | Mar 8, 2018 |
I had mixed feelings about this book. The first reason why I liked this book was because of the message. Splat was thanking his friend Seymour for all of the nice things he has done for him because they are friends. I think this is a great message for children to learn at a young age and it is bittersweet to read. My favorite thing Splat thanked Seymour for was rescuing Splat him from the tree when he was attempting to rescue his kite. The reason I have mixed feelings about this book is because it became a little repetitive. Splat thanking Seymour over and over became a little boring after awhile. If the book had been a little shorter it would have been more enjoyable. ( )
  mbands4 | Oct 18, 2016 |
Seymour the mouse is ill, so Splat creates a book to cheer Seymour up. The book is filled with amusing illustrations of things Seymour has done for Splat, and for which Splat now says "thank you." It's charming to read a book in which the friendship is based on beings doing thoughtful things for one another.

And I dearly love Scotton's art. It's a bit wacky (the plague that's struck down everyone involves tiny lavender spots on top of their fur), but rich and rewarding to study. A great picture book.

Library copy. ( )
  Kaethe | Oct 16, 2016 |
42 months - need to drill in the point that you should say "Thank you" give this book a try and have your child read the thank you after each line of the story. Not the most interesting of the Splat books but it's repetitiveness just might wear off on the child. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,744,611 books! | Top bar: Always visible