Private Down Under by James Patterson
With the best detectives in the business, cutting edge technology, and offices around the globe, there is no investigation company quite like Private. Now, at a glittering launch party overlooking the iconic Opera House, Private Sydney throws open its doors ... Craig Gisto and his newly formed team have barely raised their glasses, however, when a young Asian man, blood-soaked and bullet-ridden, staggers into the party, and what looks like a botched kidnapping turns out to be a whole lot more. Within days the agency's caseload is full. But it is a horrific murder in the wealthy Eastern Suburbs and the desperate search for a motive that stretches the team to the limit. Stacy Friel, friend of the deputy commissioner of NSW Police, isn't the killer's first victim--and as the bodies mount up she's clearly not the last.… (more)

Another nonstop action book from James Patterson. Private opens a new office in Sydney Australia. At the opening a dead man crashed through a door and in turn the party is over. Three cases up the first week, so lots happening. A quick read, with short chapters that I could not put down until I finished. My only complaint is that I would like to see more of these characters. So far, every Private opens in a new location with new characters, so you really do not get a feel or a development of the characters. I hope he starts writing about the same locations so we can find out more about the main characters. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Feb 5, 2019 |
New office of Private, where several crimes need to be solved during the first week of operation. 1 - drug war where a young man is killed in hope of getting to his father, 2 - a rock star convinced he is being targeted to die on his 27th birthday, and 3 - wealthy women are being murdered. ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 22, 2019 |
I think I really only like the books in this series when Jack Morgan makes appearances. Although I do like the characters that are introduced in the other Private agencies they certainly are not enough to bump up my rating. I found the three story lines to be confusing. Entangled in all that are the side stories of the different characters. Very hard to keep track of what is going on. ( )
  bostonterrio | Nov 21, 2017 |
Jack Morgan opens an office in Sydney Australia. Craig Gitso is the head of the office. At the celebration of the offices opening, a young dying Asian man, bleeding from several wounds, stumbles into the gathering. This will be Private Sydney's first case. But things go from bad to worse in a hurry as a serial killer strikes in in the wealthy suburbs and a rock star believes his manager is out to kill him. Can Private solve these cases and put the citizens at ease?? ( )
  lewilliams | May 8, 2015 |
P.I. Craig Gisto, head of the latest branch of Private, is enjoying the glamorous launch party with his new team when their celebrations are interrupted by the bloodied arrival of a boy with his eyes gouged out.The boy is the kidnapped son of one of Australia’s richest men -- but investigating his death isn’t their only pressing case. The rock star Micky Stevens is convinced someone’s trying to kill him, and believes Private are the only ones who... ( )
  Tutter | Feb 28, 2015 |

Patterson, Jamesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
White, Michaelmain authorall editionsconfirmed
I´d seen pictures of Justine Smith, Jack Morgan´s No. 2 at Private LA, but she was far more beautiful in the flesh.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,982,799 books! | Top bar: Always visible