Bardo by Chris McKenna
8None1,028,004 (3)None

A nice story, I did like the idea, but I found it to be rather badly written.
I get the idea that we're following the thoughts and feelings of an adolescent and that it's therefore written in colloquial language, but still, I just found the language use annoying and distracting. There were also some grammatical and spelling errors that I found distracting. I really feel the author should work on developing his writing style...
Other than that, the story was quite interesting. I thought the beginning was really strong and the general plot was intriguing. I did think the ending was weak, and I feel like the idea could have been developed more.
All in all, not really a bad story, but I think it could have been much better, there was a lot more potential in it. ( )
  Britt84 | Mar 18, 2013 |
This was an interesting book but all through reading it, I had one question, why. Why did the girl have to die? Why was the dog helping her? Why were the people not being allowed to move on? I'm unfamiliar with the "Tibetan Book of the Dead" that the book is based off of so I was left wondering what was going on most of the time.

I liked the fact that Nikki is smart and determined young girl, able to figure out things for herself. The story does flow very well but I felt that there should be more to it. ( )
  cat3crazy | Jan 21, 2013 |
Despite the many grammatical & spelling errors, I enjoyed this novel. It was a bit strange at times, but nonetheless engaging and most definitely creative! With some editing, this could quickly become a popular read! ( )
  madamediotte | Nov 16, 2012 |

Chris McKenna is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,501,122 books! | Top bar: Always visible