Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson…

Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson Book 5) (edition 2013)

by Darynda Jones (Author)

Member:Spurts
Title:Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson Book 5)
Authors:Darynda Jones (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Press (2013), 350 pages
Collections:Library Wishlist, Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2

Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones

English (55)  Piratical (1)  All languages (56)
Fifth Grave Past the Light
4.5 Stars

As usual, there is a lot going on plot wise. Charley’s new roommates are all the victims of a serial killer with a penchant for blonds; she is still on the track of the serial arsonist and also needs to prove that her latest client’s husband is a cheating scumbag. Not to mention her ongoing issues with the son of Satan, Reyes Alexander Farrow.

Charley and Reyes’s chemistry is off the charts sexy and their scenes together contribute both to their physical and emotional connection. There are also some interesting revelations regarding Charley’s purpose on Earth as well as Reyes’s role in her other life.

The secondary cast are as engaging as ever - Cookie and UB, Amber and Quentin, Rocket and Angel, Gemma and Pierce - all make me remember how much I love the characters in this series. The villains are also compelling although the serial killer plot could have been better developed the killer’s identity is more of an afterthought and his motive is non-existent, and the ending, while traumatic and chilling (never saw that one coming), could have gone very wrong, which would have ruined both the book and the series thankfully, Jones avoids the rape trap!.

The humor also has its ups and downs. Charley’s tendency toward naming inanimate objects and body parts has been toned down (for which I am eternally grateful) and her new GPS is a nice touch but she can also be a tad too flippant and sarcastic at times.

Overall, Fifth Grave Past the Light is a fantastic addition to the series and I’m eager to find out where Jones is taking the story are we in for an epic battle between the forces of good and evil?
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
Release Date 9 July 2013. ( )
  yas4735 | May 1, 2018 |
I keep wanting to quit this series, but each entry continues to be just interesting enough that I keep going. At this point it is mostly the ongoing story and a few side characters that I'm reading for. I find Charlie unattractively crass and I'm mystified by the loyalty of her friends and family since she largely treats them pretty poorly. I also find that her obsession with Reyes is difficult for me to understand, or to care about. Honestly, I'm skimming through large swaths of these books at this point, which is probably a sign that I should be done with them. ( )
  duchessjlh | Apr 25, 2018 |
Excellent book! I can't wait to start the next one! And after all of that, and that ending, let's hope there is a way to alter Rocket's prediction.

Right now I'm just so glad the next book is out already and that I don't have to wait until a future release date. ( )
  RivetedReaderMelissa | Mar 22, 2018 |
It has been awhile since I have read one of Darynda's books and it makes me wonder why. I love her stories. The quirky Charley, red hot Reyes, always loyal Cookie, and the never ending supply of dead people. Action packed and a bunch of humor to go with it. Can't go wrong with a Charley Davidson book. 4.5 ⭐️ ( )
  karenvg3 | Mar 19, 2018 |

Jones, Daryndaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Never underestimate the power of a woman on a double espresso with a mocha latte chaser high.  —T-shirt

Charley Davidson isn’t your everyday, run-of-the-mill grim reaper.  She’s more of a paranormal private eye/grim reaper extraordinaire.  However, she gets sidetracked when the sexy, sultry son of Satan, Reyes Farrow, moves in next door. To further complicate matters, Reyes is her main suspect in an arson case.  Charley has vowed to stay away from him until she can find out the truth…but then dead women start appearing in her apartment, one after another, each lost, confused, and terrified beyond reason.  When it becomes apparent that her own sister, Gemma, is the serial killer’s next target Charley has no choice but to ask for Reyes’ help.  Arsonist or not, he’s the one man alive who could protect Gemma no matter who or what came at her. But he wants something in return. Charley. All of her, body and soul. And to keep her sister safe, it is a price she is willing to pay.

Resolving to avoid son of Satan and new next-door neighbor Reyes Farrow, Charley Davidson is forced to ask for Reyes's help when she is approached by desperate ghosts and her sister is targeted by a serial killer.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,805,500 books! | Top bar: Always visible