Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Ghost Planet by Sharon Lynn Fisher

Ghost Planet (2012)

by Sharon Lynn Fisher

English (8)  German (1)  All languages (9)
Posted from my personal blog rabidgummibear.wordpress.com
A planet that creates ghosts of people that the human used to know on earth. Our heroine Elizabeth Cole ends up dead, but doesn't realize it nor does her supposed to be mentor Dr. Murphy. She ends up on Ardagh 1 one for her residency to help with the ghost protocol counseling. The ghost protocol requires the colonists ignore their ghosts which becomes a stick situation for Cole and Murphy that leads us through quite the adventure and revelations.

I only really read science fiction when it's Vaginal Fantasy picks, but this book honestly has me sold me on the fact that I need to read more of it. I was instantly invested when we learned Elizabeth was actually a ghost. Murphy immediately stops talking to Elizabeth when he discovers she's a ghost and she doesn't tolerate that one bit. The narrative is immersive and I could barely put this book down.

One of the best things about this book is the narrative never stops or slows down. Elizabeth is a great mary sue of a character that I find to be relatable because she's more science minded and not a total ditz. She's determined to find out why the ghosts exist instead of fading into the background like the others. I found myself trying to solve the mystery of the planet right along with Elizabeth.

I only have one complaint and it involves the end of the book. I don't like the 'surprise' that is sprung on Elizabeth at the end or the twist with her and Murphy's connection. I felt like the connection twist was really terrible because it seemed like the go-to fix for any problems in the end of the story. A catchall to save them from any trouble, but still I loved this book.

Overall this book is incredible 5/5 stars even with my one dislike. I HIGHLY recommend you pick it up if you want an interesting science fiction story with some great romance added in. ( )
  rabidgummibear | Nov 28, 2018 |
A really cool idea, strong start, and then it veered into something I hadn't expected and am not sure I liked. I lost my respect for the story, and my interest in it, somewhere in the last third. ( )
  LarissaGBrown | Dec 26, 2013 |
Full Review to be posted soon:

Quick review and thoughts.

I loved the unusual premise of an alien planet twinned with earth which holds copies of dead people who in some way are linked with the new colonists. Elizabeth who finds herself as a ghost copy after dying soon after arriving is linked with her boss, who has set out the Ghost Protocol which is to ignore the ghost copies. I loved how she never gave up and faded away like other ghosts have done and the romance between her and Murphy who is her boss and the human linked to her. It was sexy and sweet and had a fantastic build-up. In a lot of ways this reminded me a bit of Solaris which had a similar premise but this was much more engaging and I loved how the main plot progressed. It was definitely a surprising gem of a book and I will definitely be checking out Sharon Fisher in the future because Ghost Planet was a refreshing, unique and full of depth and I highly recommended! ( )
  Has_bookpusher | Sep 20, 2013 |
I purchased this book because the premise intrigued me. I was not disappointed. The world-building is clever and well-done, the characters have deep and fullness, and I enjoyed the developing relationship between the two main characters. The secondary characters added complexity and the twist at the end was mostly unexpected. In particular, I was pleased at the romance. It wasn't instant and it had realistic struggles. I will read more from this author and I've already recommend this book to other people. ( )
  empress8411 | May 17, 2013 |
4 Stars for romance fans not science fiction fans. I really have to fight my biases on this one. Although the premise is creative and thought provoking and I had had hopes here romance trumps science fiction in this book. The book is about a planet in which every human is shadowed by a ghost of someone in there past. The planet seems to have plants that spring an want to participate in the action. So far so good. Whet killed it for me was that the two lead characters Elizabeth and Murphy paw all over each other constantly like two 14 year olds that just discovered sex. He ends way to many sentences referring to her as "Love" (gag) I swear I am romantic but this was way too much. I knew a couple like this when I was younger and they were divorced in three years. My stereotypical bias is that people who enjoy the Bachelor will love this book. The 4 stars is for them. ( )
  muddyboy | Jan 22, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0765368978, Mass Market Paperback)

Psychologist Elizabeth Cole prepared for the worst when she accepted a job on a newly discovered world--a world where every colonist is tethered to an alien who manifests in the form of a dead loved one. But she never expected she'd struggle with the requirement to shun these "ghosts." She never expected to be so attracted to the charming Irishman assigned as her supervisor. And she certainly never expected to discover she died in a transport crash en route to the planet.

Reincarnated as a ghost, Elizabeth is symbiotically linked to her supervisor, Murphy--creator of the Ghost Protocol, which forbids him to acknowledge or interact with her. Confused and alone--oppressed by her ghost status and tormented by forbidden love--Elizabeth works to unlock the secrets of her own existence.

But her quest for answers lands her in a tug-of-war between powerful interests, and she soon finds herself a pawn in the struggle for control of the planet...a struggle that could separate her forever from the man that she loves.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:34 -0400)

As a ghost, psychologist Elizabeth Cole is symbiotically linked to her supervisor and the creator of the Ghost Protector, who is forbidden to interact with her, which prompts her to search for the truth surrounding her own existence.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,505,409 books! | Top bar: Always visible