Battle for Cannibal Island (AIO Imagination Station Books)

by Marianne Hering, Wayne Thomas Batson

Its 1852 and cousins Patrick and Beth sail to Fiji on the HMS Calliope under the command of Captain James E. Home. They arrive at the islands to find that the Christian Fijians are at war with the non-Christian Fijians. Missionary James Calvert is trying to make peace and suggests that the captain allow peace negotiations on board the British vessel. Patrick and Beth learn about sacrificial living when they observe Calverts determination to live on Fiji despite the dangers and impoverished conditions and that he is willing to risk his life to live as Jesus would.… (more)

Battle for Cannibal Island is the 8th book in the Imagination Station series. If you are not familiar with Focus on the Family's Adventures in Odyssey the Imagination Station is a contraption built by Mr. Whit that takes kids on adventures in different parts of time. They go on adventures in the Bible and different times in history. We love these books because they help get our 8 year old interested in history. It's a great alternative to the Magic Tree House books as it uses no magic and I know it is from a Christian perspective and safe to read.

The Battle for Cannibal Island is the story of missionary James Calvert. Patrick and Beth end up on a boat in the Queen's Navy in the 1850s. They end up as stowaways and Patrick ends up shipwrecked on Fiji or Cannibal Island. It is a story of Calvert's love for the Lord and putting others salvation above his own life. As in all Imagination Station books Patrick and Beth learn a valuable lesson about putting others needs above their own. It's a great read and we highly recommend it.

I received a free copy of this product through Tyndale in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. All opinions I have expressed are my own or those of my family. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations. ( )
  thecraftyhome | Apr 23, 2013 |

Marianne Heringprimary authorall editionscalculated
Batson, Wayne Thomasmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,412,418 books! | Top bar: Always visible