The 5th Wave (2013)

by Rick Yancey

Series: The Fifth Wave (1)

"Cassie Sullivan, the survivor of an alien invasion, must rescue her young brother from the enemy with help from a boy who may be one of them"--

English (335)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (337)
I can't wait to read the next one!!

EDIT: 18/09/14: Still 5 stars. Starting The Infinite Sea.. ( )
  PaulaLourido | Jun 10, 2021 |
Gift bound by Thelwell School, Cheshire, 1963
  cheshire11 | Apr 7, 2021 |
*4.5 This book was so action packed and interesting! in a weird way it kind of reminded me of The Host with the love story connection. At times the inner thoughts of Cassie irritated me but they made sense due to the background story we got about her losses.
I would have loved to have read the story through Evan's POV more and perhaps Sammy's a little as well, but overall I liked the way the book was split up into several characters' POV. I felt like I was really able to connect and understand Cassie, but felt like I needed a little more about Ben and his life to make a true connection. We didn't get as much as his backstory and I think maybe that would have helped me connect more to his character.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who likes action and science fiction. ( )
  courty4189 | Mar 24, 2021 |
A solid young adult sci-fi. Good pacing, characters and story. Somewhat predictable, but that might stem from having read/seen a few too many alien invasion stories.

Will definitely pick up the next book in this series. ( )
  snorrelo | Feb 22, 2021 |

Will definitely pick up the next book in this series. ( )
  snorrelo | Feb 22, 2021 |

Rick Yanceyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bauer, ThomasÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Selkälä, UllaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didnʼt turn out very well for the Native Americans. —Stephen Hawking
For Sandy, whose dreams inspire and whose love endures
Aliens are stupid. I'm not talking about real aliens. The Others aren't stupid. The Others are so far ahead of us, it's like comparing the dumbest human to the smartest dog. No contest.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,030,048 books! | Top bar: Always visible