Jane, the Fox and Me by Fanny Britt

Jane, the Fox and Me (original 2012; edition 2013)

by Fanny Britt (Author), Isabelle Arsenault (Illustrator), Christine Morelli (Translator), Susan Ouriou (Translator)

Hélène is an outcast in her grade. Her only consolation is reading Jane Eyre. Even seeing a lovely fox doesn't make her feel better, but maybe a new friendship will.
Member:waldwickmediacenter
Title:Jane, the Fox and Me
Authors:Fanny Britt (Author)
Other authors:Isabelle Arsenault (Illustrator), Christine Morelli (Translator), Susan Ouriou (Translator)
Info:Groundwood Books (2013), Edition: Reprint, 104 pages

Jane, the Fox, and Me by Fanny Britt (Author) (2012)

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë (Anonymous user)

English (30)  French (3)  Spanish (3)  Dutch (1)  All languages (37)
A short, delightful graphic novel that made my heart ache. Beautifully illustrated. 5/5. ( )
  lucylove73 | Aug 31, 2021 |
A wrenching, sweet little story about bullying, loneliness, the power of reading, and the joy of friendship. I am still tearing up over this beautiful book. ( )
  DrFuriosa | Dec 4, 2020 |
I needed to read a graphic novel for a summer reading challenge and I picked this somewhat at random. I never read graphic novels so I had no idea what to expect. I don't think the graphics really gave me anything extra but the story was touching and I enjoyed that it took place in Montreal.
  amyem58 | Aug 16, 2020 |
Preciós.
Tinc curiositat per saber si funcionaria amb públic adolescent. El tema tractat (inadaptació, assetjament , les pròpies pors) i ,sobretot, el to amb el que ho tracta em fa pensar que seria una lectura més que recomanable per joves. Però clar, és difícil, de vegades, deixar de mirar les coses amb la mirada adulta que portem ja instal•lada per defecte i posar-se a la pell d’un adolescent d’avui en dia . A saber si aquest dibuix (que a mi m’ha semblat tan bonic) els arribaria. ( )
  acornet | Mar 22, 2020 |
This is a beautiful graphic novel about a sad little girl trying to overcome bullying through reading.

The texture in the artwork is wonderful, the lines are so defined but so smooth, and the way the artist is able to create light and shade in her work is something I envy. I loved the Quebecois touches and the way my eye was led across the page.

I loved the watercolour washes and the quality of the writing. It actually reminded me of another Quebecois comic I'd read, Harvey, by Herve Bouchard because of its dreamlike qualities.

I loved this book. I only wish it were longer. ( )
  lydia1879 | Feb 1, 2020 |

Britt, FannyAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Arsenault, IsabelleIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Morelli, ChristelleTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ouriou, SusanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pfitzner, InaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Was inspired by

There was no possibility of hiding anywhere today.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,276,500 books! | Top bar: Always visible