The Retribution of Mara Dyer: Volume 3 by…

The Retribution of Mara Dyer: Volume 3 (edition 2014)

by Michelle Hodkin (Autore)

Series: Mara Dyer (3)

"Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this ... conclusion to Mara Dyer's story"--
Member:NicoletteMarie
Title:The Retribution of Mara Dyer: Volume 3
Authors:Michelle Hodkin (Autore)
Info:Simon & Schuster (2014), 472 pages

The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

English (25)  Italian (1)  All languages (26)
I really don't know what to say, other than holy COW was that a journey.

Unlike the first two, there is no primary setting in this book. This lack of setting heightens the theme of instability. Like Mara and her friends, there is no “safe space” for the reader to fall back on when they’re trying to distinguish truth from fiction. While they are answers given, there’s always a voice nagging at the back of your head, whispering "but is this the truth? Is it?"

Maybe the ending wasn't as badass and climatic as I hoped, but it is satisfying: all questions that desperately required resolution are answered, yet the novel leaves many pathways still opened, giving the world life (or is this world......... our world? Duh duh duhhhhh). But yeah, totally satisfying ending, but I still wish it would have been a bit more.

The Mara Dyer trilogy is phenomenal, the type of series that sticks with you, and makes you question everything you know. It’s the type of series that makes me want to wave the book around and yell at strange to READ IT, READ THIS BOOK. It’s good; what more can I say? ( )
  ainjel | Jun 20, 2019 |
This was a decent finale, although a tad bit anti-climatic. It is what it is. Altogether not a bad trilogy. The second book is definitely the standout, though. ( )
  tntbeckyford | Feb 16, 2019 |
4.75

There were some unanswered questions that made it a 4...and the fact that it took almost 3/4 through the book until Noah showed up. I kind of expected that though.

But that ending though...those short chapters between Mara and Noah...5, 5, 5, 5, 5!!!!!! ALL THE STARS ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
Book 1 was the best of this trilogy, it was full of so much promise and I loved Mara and Noah... after finishing the series though I hated them. Noah was a codependent wuss and Mara was waffling back and forth but one good shagging and all her thoughts of leaving him are gone ... I just wanted more and felt very let down.

It started with so much potential and had so many different routes to go and it just feels like it took the cop out. ( )
  NerdyHousewifey | Feb 1, 2019 |
I really really enjoyed this book! I felt like there was a lot going on, but it all made sense toward the overall plot. I still loved all the characters as well. It was also really cool how everything came full circle at the end and referenced back to the beginning of the first book.

Yes there were some loose ends, but it didn't bother me. I felt like it fit with the tone of the story to leave some things unresolved.

Overall, I loved it! ( )
  mmalyn | Feb 24, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,447,143 books! | Top bar: Always visible