My Secret: A PostSecret Book (2006)

by Frank Warren

Series: PostSecret

The second PostSecret book, My Secret, focuses on the compelling and personal messages that have been sent in by college students from around the world. Raw and revealing, these secrets express the hopes, fears and wildest confessions of young people everywhere. 'This year, I overcame my fear of sleeping with the closet open. I'm 22;' 'People don't change ... They just find new ways to lie to you;' 'If I charged the people I babysit for by the scream, I'd be rich;' 'I'm a cheerleader, but secretly I deal drugs;' 'Every time I'm on the phone to my parents, I have to poop.' These are just a few of the confessions that move, amuse and make the reader think. Each confession is powerful piece of artwork that ensures My Secret is a completely fascinating and rewarding read.… (more)

My Secret: A PostSecret Book (Postsecret) by Frank Warren (2006)
  arosoff | Jul 10, 2021 |
I think the first PostSecret book is the best. After that, I think they went a bit downhill - and by that I mean that while the secrets themselves, the postcards and how they're presented are often fantastic, funny and special - but now they're not as varied. I know, I'm spoiled. Still, it's interesting, but I think I would have edited it all differently. ( )
  pivic | Mar 20, 2020 |
A collection of artfully written and illustrated postcards from teens who all have a secret to tell. Most are poignant and traumatic, but a few are lighthearted, and all are relatable.
  aratiel | Sep 5, 2018 |
Another book in the Postsecret series. This was not as heart wrenching as the first one I read.

Excerpts:

"I think I'd enjoy life on a deserted island........because almost everybody gets on my nerves"

"I believe in my childhood dreams"

"I'm a cheerleader. But secretly, I deal drugs"

"If I charged the people I babysit for by the SCREAM, I'd be rich"

"Thought I'm afraid you'll never speak to me again......I'm pretty sure I'm better off that way"

"My favorite part about working at Lego Land is destyroying all of the buildings that little kids create"
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
See my notes on the first PostSecret book.

Peace. ( )
  Caitdub | Oct 24, 2013 |

Belongs to Series

"This book is dedicated to my daughter, and every other young person making that journey from the home they were born into toward the home they will create for themselves."
"See me."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,459,844 books! | Top bar: Always visible