Luke 1:1-9:50

by A. Just Arthur Jr.

This is the first of two volumes that look at the Book of Luke. In these two volumes, the author explores the third Gospel in light of four central themes: Christology, sacramentology, ecclesiology, and eschatology. The author recognizes and unfolds Luke's catechetical purpose in the story of Jesus and helps modern readers to appreciate the rich tapestry of the Gospel of Luke.… (more)

I usually try to read a commentary on the Gospel we will be going through the upcoming year in the lectionary. I love the Concordia Commentary series. This is okay with some good insights. Should be useful for preaching and teaching on one of my favorite Gospels. Don't know if I will tackle the second volume or not - maybe after Easter! ( )
  Luke_Brown | Sep 10, 2016 |

A. Just Arthur Jr.primary authorall editionscalculated
Saivare, IngaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

Do not combine with the ACCS Commentary on Luke

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,507,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible