Cherished Pulse: Unconventional Love Poetry…

Cherished Pulse: Unconventional Love Poetry (edition 2009)

by Magdalena Ball, Carolyn Howard-Johnson, Vicki Thomas (Illustrator)

313,398,250 (5)None
Cherished Pulse is the first in the Celebration Series of chapbooks. It looks at love from a wise, mature, sensitive perspective. Never sentimental (forget Hallmark), the poems explore love in its many guises -- cherish, longing, sensuality, and that sacred place between desire and consummation. For less than the cost of many greeting cards, Cherished Pulse makes the perfect Valentine's Day or Anniversary gift. Pair the book with a rose, and you've got the ideal gift for the special someone you love.… (more)
Member:FrugalBookPromo
Title:Cherished Pulse: Unconventional Love Poetry
Authors:Magdalena Ball
Other authors:Carolyn Howard-Johnson, Vicki Thomas (Illustrator)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2009), Paperback, 40 pages
Tags:magdalena ball, carolyn howard-johnson, celebration series, astronomy poetry, love poetry, valentine poetry, award-winning poets, e-books

Cherished Pulse: Unconventional Love Poetry by Magdalena Ball

This book was given to me as a gift, and it's an addition to my library that I will always treasure.

I don't read a lot of poetry. I know little about the various poetic styles and proper formatting for each. But I do know what moves me. This collection does that.

Because I read a lot of suspense and thriller novels, reading fast goes with the fast pace of the plots. With this book, I had to remind myself to go slow. The words here are a literary paintbrush and the image they create should be savored.

The two authors have very different styles, but they are equally gifted. Overall, Magdalena Ball's work feels broader, her words more abstract in approach. Carolyn Howard-Johnson's work has a narrower feel, her words a bit more direct. Choosing a favorite would be impossible, since both move me in different ways. They are a well-matched team, beautifully complementing one another.

Whether you're a lover of poetry or a casual fan, this collection is one I highly recommend. ( )
  Darcia | Sep 9, 2013 |

Magdalena Ball is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,003,209 books! | Top bar: Always visible